This week has been pretty good. It feels as though it has gone by rather quickly.
Monday-
We had our October prenatal appointment
Everything is looking good.
The prenatal screening tests all came out negative. While that doesn't mean 100% that our child will have a chromosomal problem it definitely is looking good.
She found the heartbeat pretty fast at a solid 156 beats per minute.
And my fundal height (measurement of how high my uterus is) is 19cm. The top of the uterus is right around my belly button which is about in the 50th percentile for 20 weeks!
Tuesday-
Baby for some reason was hyperactive I'm not sure what I ate or drank differently but I wish I did. It wouldn't stop kicking and moving in there. Even to the point where you could see it kick from the outside! So weird!!!
Wednesday-
I turned 20 weeks. Yay for half way!
Thursday-
We had our first prenatal class!
There are about 20 people total in that class including the labour partners. It was pretty good the first half was a bit boring since it was on nutrition which was a bigger factor in first trimester and we are all in second or third, but it was allright. The second half talked about some baby stuff including tests you may have during pregnancy. Poor M got dizzy and pale just hearing the 2 second description of an amnio test. This makes me concerned for next week when we do 'stages of labour'. We are definitely sitting near the door so if he needs to leave the room he can.
But I am starting to realize that when it comes time to make my 'birth plan' I will need a Plan A and a Plan B. Plan A will include M.... Plan B will include a fainting/vomitting M who wont be able to be in the same room as me.
Friday-
I noticed I now am the owner of a linea nigra. Its that line that goes from your pubic bone to below your belly. No one really knows as to why you get one or why it is a line... but it is kinda fun. Not everyone gets one (aka my sister in law, mother in law and mum never got one) So I am interested into why I got one... I thought everyone got them.
Saturday-
We are having our own T-giving dinner here with my parents since my family isn't doing anything for Thanksgiving this weekend (we are doing stuff next weekend) So even though I can not handle meat I am still going to make a turkey for everyone else. I am looking forward to cabbage and mashed potatoes though! Yay for the third night in a row of supper consisting of only potatoes!
So glad the week was great!
ReplyDeletePlan B made me laugh really hard... and cry a little.
How did this week's pre-natal class go???