Saturday, November 19, 2011

38.5 weeks and counting!

Goodness time is flying by!

I am almost at the end of the road and I'm at that place where I feel as though I am ready to meet this new little dude yet as soon as I feel a twinge or a cramp I am more than happy if the babe stays in there :)

Speaking of... Thursday night was a very interesting one- I definitely thought it was THE night and must admit I am quite disappointed that it wasn't. I had a doctor appointment that afternoon which I was told that I was about 2 cm dilated already (yay!) the head is nice and low- but my cervix was still a bit long. Afterwards that evening I had some of the things happen that they warn about that could mean impending labour. I was a bit crampy the rest of the night as well. We went to bed at 10:30 and at 11:30 I woke up with the cramps and I couldn't stop shaking. I was shaking so much that eventually I woke up M to see if he could get me warm and stop the shaking. I was falling asleep between the waves of mild cramps and noticed I would wake up with them every 1-3 minutes. However, eventually they stopped after 2 hours and needless to say- no baby yet! What a tease!!! Yesterday I was still cramping on and off throughout the day and today there hasn't been much of anything going on. With Alex I never had any teases or even slight cramps I was just in full blown labour out of nowhere- so this is new territory and it is frustrating territory at that!

I think we are mostly ready for this babe to come now. I am really looking forward to seeing what s/he looks like and just having those first few moments where we just look at each other <3 I hope that this thought will help keep me come and focussed during the delivery. Which speaking of- my doctor won't be around at all next week... so I'm hoping for a baby either before or after vacation! Just my luck! Although she did assure me that come the time I won't care who is delivering- which is probably true. I just want my baby!

Although I will miss many things about this pregnancy. I miss always having the babe with me no matter where I go. I miss the craziness we can see happening inside when s/he is moving around. I have been able to grab the feet and high five a hand and rub a head and back and bum many a times. I have lucked out once again with pregnancy and the time we have spent together. Already I am truly blessed with and have loved every second of it. Thank you baby :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm still following your blog. All the best for a safe and speedy delivery. Can't wait to read the news!! -Travelbug

    ReplyDelete