I can't believe the big d-day is almost coming! I know realistically I still have 6 weeks to go until my due date... but for some reason it feels like it will only be a couple of weeks away! I suppose that is due to the fact that I'll be technically full-term in 3 weeks and I don't feel 100% confident in my due date as it is just based on my first ultrasound (even though they are pretty good at figuring that out).
There isn't too much new and exciting baby-wise. The bags are finally packed after last Friday fearing I was going into some type of early labour as I was crampy all day with really bad back pain. I have no idea what the cause of it was but nothing came of it luckily and it never came back which is even better. This baby remains pretty active and seems to always have the hiccups! Poor child must be going nuts in there hiccuping all the time! I must say I enjoy how this one at least lets me sleep much better at night than Alex did- hopefully it will continue this trend of being a better sleeper after s/he comes out!
I still have a few things to get ready before the big arrival but nothing too big- just some putting away of clothes, and I want/need to pick up a few more baby things.
I register for the hospital next Thursday as well as have a doctor's appointment that afternoon... I think it is the dreaded swab test for Strep B... :S Not really looking forward to that one- but about time I get back into the groove of feeling embarassed and having people look in places I would rather they wouldn't :P
I can't believe how much energy I'm still having with this pregnancy as well! I really have no complaints! Even people that kept commenting on how giant I was with Alex are telling me how great I look this pregnancy (although I thought I looked good with Alex too). I do have the hip pains and tail bone pain at times- and an insane pain when I have to pee and I don't for a bit (does go away after I do) but other than those minimal things I am doing great.
I also started re-reading my birthing affirmations for a nice calm natural birth that I had with Alex and they worked. I am hoping they do again this time. I find it a bit harder as I know what pain feels like now. But I am hoping for the best to remain calm so the baby stays calm and enters the world in a nice peaceful environment. However, I am also realistic and understand that might not be the case for one reason or another. But lets hope for the best!
In the end.... I continue to get excited that everyday we are getting closer to this baby and Alex is getting closer to be a big brother and have a new friend for life :)
Congratulations on your new pregnancy! (well not so new but new to me lol) I'm also pregnant again, 20 weeks. :) So excited to find out what you're having!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness Marta! Congratulations! I am so happy to hear from you! I think of you often and I check your blog now and then for updates! Thanks so much for checking in :) All the best to you and your growing family!
ReplyDelete