Well my results came back to me yesterday via my HCG test...
Quick background on what HCG is (I get asked this a lot) and I am being lazy and just copy/pasting from a website:
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
In a bout 85% of normal pregnancies, the hCG level will double every 48 - 72 hours. As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
So keeping in mind I had my first bloodtest on Saturday and my second one yesterday... according to the nurse there my HCG 'more than doubled' I was sooo happy to hear this. What a relief!
I also got called to day with my first ultrasound appointment!!
21 July! So only 4 weeks away! Mind you it might be the longest four weeks ever, but it will sooo be worth it! They should be able to see and hear the heartbeat by then and once they see everything is fine the chances for a miscarriage drop down to 2-5% chance. So lets hope that works as it should!
I am feeling really good about everything. I'm not as worried and apprehensive as I would be. I just feel as though everything will be fine during the next 9 months. Hope I'm right!
Symptoms wise I am feeling good! I am really tired but apparently that is because now my heart is beating faster to circulate blood. As in my heart is now beating up to 15 more beats per minute. Crazy how everything is working to build this human inside of me! Other than that I have some food aversions but not because I am sick- I just don't fancy it. I have passed on steak twice now.... can you believe that? Steak! I am into spicy foods at the moment which again- not like me... but MMmm
Also, our families have kind of adopted the idea that Mark and I will name the behbeh something historical so sounds like for now the little one is going to be referred to as John A. Broadbent (well John A. for short) haha.
I'm still in disbelief this is all true. I don't think it will kick in until after the ultrasound and I see everything with my own eyes....
John A... I love it!
ReplyDelete