I have been a terrible blogger since the past two weeks I had nothing to write.
I've just been keeping busy.
I've been feeling fine...
I was supposed to get bloodtests done yesterday (Saturday) and Friday night I was driving around with M and I was telling him that I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to the bloodtests on Saturday or Sunday. I was explaining I just wanted one extra day of 'make believe' before I was told the blood results were negative...
We decided to take a preg test Friday night to soften the blow..
I took the test
8:46 - The control line showed up
8:47- The second line showed up!!
I cried a lot... I ran downstairs and yelled for M who was cutting the grass to come upstairs because I needed him to see something. He was in shock- we both were... I wasn't expecting it at all. Besides being bloated and no spotting/early af like I always get and lack of appetite there was nothing that made me think - We're pregnant....
We're pregnant
Doesn't that just look/sound so strange????
I did go for bloodwork on Saturday- and I got a call that it came out as positive! I go back to London super early tomorrow to get the second bloodtest to make sure that my HCG levels had doubled... please pray that it is! If the numbers are good we book an appt for an ultrasound to check the heart beat and to make sure there is only one... that should be for next month when I'm around 8 weeks.
We are telling immediate family only today (well and you), we will then tell extended family at 8 weeks after the ultrasound, and everyone else after 12 weeks. So if you can keep it a secret that would be much appreciated!
Words cannot express how thankful and excited we are! Suddenly the past 22 months have seemed to disappear.... There are going to be tonnes more updates on here for you as everything progresses that I just don't have time to type right now (i.e. telling our families/baby's progression etc)
I still have no booming symptoms of any kind- well one veiny boob and lack of hunger and super bloated to the max.... not sick or anything yet but it is still really early for a lot of things.
Today I am 4 weeks exactly...
My due date?
Only the best day of the year...
28 February, 2010
That's right, the due date is my own birthday! I can't believe all of this is happening. I feel like we are playing house right now. But 5 home pregnancy tests and 1 blood test can't be wrong right? haha yes I have taken 5 tests since Friday... if I had more I would still take them. I just can't get my head wrapped around it.
I'm hoping for only the best news for tomorrow. I think I will be able to be a bit more calmed down after I hear that everything is progressing as it should. Then I get the 4 week wait until the ultrasound!
Thanks so much for all of your continued support through the past 2 years... I really only got my strength from my friends and family to be able to follow our quest of having a baby. And for now it looks like we are definitely on our way there ... only 35 more weeks to go!
Kim! I know we already talked on the phone and stuff...but...omg...seriously...I can't even begin to tell you how I feel right now. Even I was shocked at how intensely emotional I got when I officially heard you say it on the phone. No one. NO ONE deserves this more than you guys. NO ONE. You've gone through so much and worked so hard and I just...what a relief, what a fantastic amazing thing, what an EXCITING thing, what a terrifying thing, what a total mindblow that my best friend of 19 years is PREGNANT. That my best friend of 19 years is going to be someone's MOTHER.
ReplyDeleteI can't put it into words. I'm about to start crying again right now just writing this.
haha I loved your reaction!! It made me cry! I didn't even cry when our families were crying! I also agree with all of your emotions- it is such a mixture of feelings! Who woulda though when we were kids in JK that we would be celebrating our 20th anniversary with a baby in the picture? haha
ReplyDeleteKIM I'm crying right now!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a feeling you were pregnant but I just hadn't gottan a chance to check this blog. But I'm SO GLAD I did!
CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy and excited for you!