Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day (9 May)

Yesterday was a tearful happy day- and one of much reflection

For the first time since Mark and I were married I was able to enjoy Mother's Day. I did not cry out of sadness and desperation, I did not curse the unfair world, and I was not full of jealousy to all those who were celebrated.

Instead I woke up next to my sweet little boy making sounds for some food, got ready for church and as I was about to put Alex in the van my hubby surprised me with some presents from him and Alex. I recieved a beautiful collage frame full of pictures of Alex and I and a book with a card signed by "Alex". It was such a nice surprise. The day was busy between both families but I recieved flowers by both of my sisters-in-law for my first Mother's Day which was just so sweet of them.

Yesterday was such a difference- I actually looked forward to it instead of dreading it like I did last year. M went out of his way to make sure it was special for me. The whole day just made us re-live everything we went through to get our little man. If only sad depressed me from last year struggling with the decision of doing an IUI or not knew that; in one more month I would be pregnant- in one more year I would have the most perfect 2.5 month old... what a difference one year makes!

However, I must remember that this was not my first Mother's Day but my second thanks to my wonderful amazing hubby M... here is a post from last year's Mother's Day...

Have I mentioned how much I love my Hubby?
Today is Mother's Day.
I had a really hard time last year at this time due to it.
I told hubby that last week.

Today I was teasing hubby about not getting me anything from the pets (we refer to ourselves as mum and dad to them)

At some point today he snuck out and got a card. It has a paw print on it. I laughed a lot.

The card was not a "from the dog" type card I thought it was.

The card talked about what 'mommy's' do.

The message written in it was to the extent of,

"Thank you for all the hard work you do to make this happen,
Love, the Baby in your Tummy"

I cried.

He really thinks this is the month. I hope it is. I'm only 3 days past O time so obviously nothing to make him think so. But man I hope he is right. He is just so sure about this.

Even if there isn't, I will always cherish my first Mother's Day card and my hubby for making it a special day for me still.


Of course it wasn't the month for us- but it was only a month away from one of the best days of my life- finding out I was pregnant.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: