Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Whole New Experience

Well I'm back....

Want to guess why?

We have proved [our] impossible... We are pregnant!

Can't you believe I just wrote those words? Well if you can't believe that you better sit down for what comes next...

This was a surprise to us! That's right- Alex who took 2 years in the making with help from Clomid, Progesterone and an IUI is going to be a big brother to this baby who was the very first egg who was released by me. Alex just recently gave up breastfeeding a couple of weeks ago but he was breastfed for 13.5 months. I never got my cycles while breastfeeding- needless to say the thought of me being pregnant was THAT much more out off in space somewhere!

It started in mid-march when I had some spotting which I thought was my cycles returning (I'm now guessing that was implantation bleeding) it wasn't much and I kept telling M that my ovaries felt heavy. I even took a cheap dollarstore pregnancy test to make sure! I kept getting twinges and little cramps down there for about a week and started to convince myself I must have gotten an ovarian cyst. On 23rd March I decided I'd call the doctor for an appointment and looked up WebMD just to make sure my symptoms corresponded with cysts. They did--- however, WebMD also listed 'round ligament pain' as a possible solution to my pain. Being pregnant with Alex and experiencing it I knew round ligament pain was associated with the uterus expanding. That is when I went "hmmm" and started to wonder.

As I had planned to go to hot yoga that night it was eatting me alive that I had to test before I went JUST to make sure. As soon as M got home I left to 'go get some milk' and just happened to pick up a test as well. I ran right to the bathroom at 5pm and unwrapped the test telling myself outloud that I was an idiot for even contemplating this! Well if that test didn't come up positive within SECONDS as it was still in my hand! I couldn't believe it! Nowhere in my mind did I ever think we would ever be so lucky to experience a surprise pregnancy! I tried to come out as cool and collected as possible and told Mark I was giong to take a picture of him and Alex on the couch- I said "Say Cheese" then "Say Alex is adorable!" which he did... so then I hit the record button and said "Say Alex is going to be a big brother" The look on his face was priceless! I think it will be a video we will always treasure. M and I are both super stoked for this little baby B! Alex will only be 21 months old but we know he is going to be an awesome big brother to this little bean!

On April 15th I had my first ultrasound to date this baby and everything looked great. I was put down as 7 weeks 3 days with a due date of 29 November, 2011! As of today I am 9 weeks along. Morning sickness is more like all-day sickness but it is completely worth it to be a mommy of two. I wouldn't change anything. This whole pregnancy is different from the very beginning than what it was with Alex. A whole new experience to us to share as a new family of four...

4 comments:

  1. OMG!!! You are still in my Google Reader so I just saw your post. Congratulations!!!!! I can't believe you are pregnant again. So exciting! I don't know the last time we were in touch but I gave birth to two boys last June. They are amazing! I plan to wean by their first birthday so we can try for #3. DH and I were talking last night about how far away those days of trying, going to the clinic etc. were. I'm glad you don't have to go through that again. Congrats!
    ~ Travelbug ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB!
    I was so shocked to read your comment!!! I never would have guessed you would have seen this posting! That is so amazing!!
    I can't believe your boys are almost one!! YIKES! How exciting about thinking of #3! Hopefully you won't have to go through the clinics again as well- you never know! I did send you an email back around Christmas time- maybe it never got through to your e-mail- I just assumed with twins you were too busy so didn't think about resending anything!
    Please keep in touch!
    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which email did you send it to? I didn't get anything. Sorry. Send me one at juliannepercy@yahoo.ca I'd love to keep in touch. Glad all is going well with the ultrasounds.
    ~TB (Julianne)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent it to that one! That's okay- I sent it again to that email address tonight so hopefully it will go through! My email ends with lakeheadu.ca incase it goes to your junkmail!

    ReplyDelete