Friday, June 24, 2011

17 Week 2 Day Appt

Well I left a bit bummed from this appointment yesterday. But I will get back to that in a minute. Here are the proceedings :)

First: Pee in a cup- much more successful in my aim haha

Second: Got weighed... still no weight change- still 3 pounds under my starting weight!

Third: Doctor came in- told her my nausea has been much better but still get it the odd time. Other than that it's all good. She commented about how my weight hasn't been changing. This is where my appointment kinda bummed me out. When I was about half way through with Alex I would have been up around 15 pounds by then (I gained 34 total with him) This one even though I've been eatting the past 3 weeks normally I'm still not gaining. And trust me I'm eatting a lot of crap too so its not like I'm on a diet or anything haha. She made me make an appointment for after my ultrasound that is in 3 weeks instead of my usual 4 weeks between appointments that way she will have the ultrasound results in and as she put it "We will both be reassured the baby is growing fine" Ugh and there dropped my heart. I guess I didn't really think as my lack of weight gain as a huge issue- let alone one that could mean something isn't quite right... And this is coming from such a 'go-with-the-flow doctor' I have never heard her concerned about anything before- which was awesome and exactly what I need in a doctor- but her being a bit worried worries me 100x more because of that. Okay lets move on...

Fourth: Fundal height is at least measuring where it should at around 17 weeks- that made me feel a bit better (especially because I'm not showing nearly as big as I did with Alex by this point- which worries me a bit as your supposed to show 'earlier' with the second etc.) But as long as uterus is measuring right on- I won't worry about how big the tummy is sticking out or not.

Fifth: Heartbeat!!! She found it right on- she always amazes me when she does that. Heartbeat was at 156bpm (once again the exact same as Alex's when I was this far along with him- I find that so neat!)

Sixth: All done and reminded to change my next appointment.

So it was a good appointment in terms of heartbeat and fundal height. Just hope the next 3 weeks go by a bit quicker so I can see everything is fine at the ultrasound. And hear everything is fine from the doctor (and hopefully be up a bit in weight) . On the plus side I do feel the baby daily so I know s/he is fine in there at the moment. S/he is pretty active and much stronger than I remember Alex being at this 'age'. In fact the other night Mark not only could feel the baby kicking around- but just wiggling- that is just insane for only 17 weeks pregnant as most people don't even feel 'flutters' until 18-20 weeks. I can also see the odd time where the baby is if it shifts over to one side and feel it. So I will just focus more on the movements, the strong heartbeat and good fundal height- and try not to worry too much about my weight.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment