Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where is the time going?!

I can't believe I'm already 16 weeks 2 days along! The time is just zooming by.

I had my last rounds of IPS bloodwork done and it went pretty well- I was a bit apprehensive as you never want to hear the technician say "Well we're going to fill up a lot of tubes today... you ate today right?" I lied and said yes... 6 large tubes later I was still standing though so that was good!

The last few days I have come into a whole new 'zone' if you will with this baby. S/he has been starting to kick- and I am more than delighted to feel him/her! I never get the 'fluttering' feeling they talk about- the only way I can really explain it is that it feels like popcorn popping in there. It is really neat! Each day I feel a few more- and I can feel our bond grow that much more with each little kick or just the up/down movement.

With baby getting bigger (about 5 inches now) I am starting to get to the stage where sleep is becoming harder since I'm unable to stay in one position for very long as it gets uncomfortable pretty fast. I know this is only going to get worse- but at the same time it is really nice to already be able to feel where the baby is when this happens. i.e. I lay on my right side for a bit and baby kind of drifts to the right and 'to the surface' so I can actually feel a hard ball in the stomach area. So it is pretty cool at least.

OH in good news updates- I haven't vomitted in 1.5 weeks!!! I've been feeling pretty good- not nearly as many headaches and if I do get one I am able to manage it pretty quickly! Such a nice break and I hope it stays for the rest of the pregnancy!

We go to the doctors for my monthly check up next thursday (and hear the heartbeat :) and we're only about 3 weeks away from my 19 week ultrasound already! Yikes! We're running out of time to decide if we want to know the gender or not! Its more of a case of we want to know- but I don't want to share it with anyone and not sure if that is possible!

M and I also took my first belly shot when I turned 15 weeks... I love my belly (and the baby growing inside of it too) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment