Friday, May 27, 2011

Doctor Appt: 13 weeks 2 Days

Well the doctor appointment yesterday went really well.

First: Pee in a cup- for some reason I am terrible at this now and just make a huge mess I am starting to dread it especially knowing the further along I get the harder it gets to 'aim'

Second: Weigh-in I am about the same I was last month- still down 3-4 pounds from starting weight

Third: Blood pressure my usual 110/70 so that is really good

Fourth: Doctor asks how I am doing- I tell her about my terrible sickness still and how the dicletin didn't work at all. Without a second thought she writes out two prescriptions one to get asap and one to put on hold. Apparently the one I have now they use as an IV in the hospital for people with nausea and migraines and said there is a lot of research to show it is safe with pregnancy. I tried it today for the first time (you use it on an as-need basis once every 6 hours) and it seemed to work pretty good. So here is hoping there is hope!

Fifth: Said my last ultrasound was good- I was measuring at 12 weeks 2 days (which clears that up for me) but she said we will still go by the first ultrasound dates as the earlier they are the more reliable they are. So if I'm due the 22nd or 29th it doesn't really matter- this baby will come when s/he wants anyways!

Sixth: HEARTBEAT TIME!! After a couple of minutes- we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! I was so happy M was able to be there for it. It made me teary to hear the 'swooshing' sound. It was a strong 150bpm (Alex was 155bpm at our 13 week check up which I thought was interesting) I just love the sound- and the bonus of knowing the where abouts in my body the baby is hiding out in as I can't quite feel it yet.

It was a good appointment all in all- the heartbeat definitely taking the cake. I can't wait until next month's. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment