Monday, May 16, 2011

Second Ultrasound was a Success!

Wow the second ultrasound was so much more amazing and special than my first one- and I am so thankful for that!

For starters I didn't drink nearly as much as I did before so I was much more comfortable! The technician was really nice and assured me after she did her measurements she would show me the screen. I still had to wait for about 25 minutes to see anything or hear of good news, but the whole time she had a little smile on her face so I knew that everything was okay with baby.

When she was done she asked me if I wanted my mum (who was in the waiting room with Alex) to come in to see the baby. I never thought she would allow Alex to see his little brother or sister! Of course I said yes! It was such a special moment to see Alex meet him/her! He obviously didn't get what was going on but he did see the screen and watched it (probably trying to figure out what TV show we were watching haha) They eventually left and the technician took her time trying to get me the best possible pictures as possible which was sooo nice of her. And to make it even better she sent me home with THREE pictures!!!

She had me at 12 weeks 2 days- where I am supposed to be at 11 weeks 2 days when I was there- I'm not sure if she just did the math wrong or the baby is measuring a week ahead. I don't care either way- I was just happy to see a baby!

This ultrasound made things so much more real for me and I am just that much more uber excited to get to know this baby and I just love her/him to pieces already. S/he was just jumping around in there and the whole time had her/his hands up at his/her head- JUST like Alex!! Although this baby is getting warned that when it comes out of me hands stay at the side of the body not the head like their big brother did!

Here are the cute pictures!!
A great profile shot!

The baby looking straight at the 'camera' which makes it a creepy skeleton face!


My most favourite ultrasound picture of all time! Look at the details of the hands at the face- the fingers and the legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment