Monday, July 18, 2011

Update!

Well somehow I'm already sitting here one day shy of being 21 weeks.
That means I'm over half way done... and 134 days more to go! (well more or less) Here is a picture of my tummy at the half way mark <3


I had a doctors appointment today and it went pretty well! Here are some stats:

Weight: Up one pound- still technically one pound less than what I started with- but still :)
Fundal Height: 19cm so about right!
Blood pressure: 100/65 which is low but still good
Heartbeat: Sounded good- but the med student never told me what it was :(

The doctor had my ultrasound results and said it was reallly good with the baby even measuring bigger than it 'should' be (thus her not too worried about my weight yet). Everything looked great and perfect in there! So that is always wonderful news to hear! M and Alex were able to be there to hear the heartbeat too- Alex is too cute and looks so serious and worried when they do it as I have to lay on the table and he doesn't like that.

Speaking of the oldest boy- the last two days he has started lifting up my shirt and laying his head on it. I'm sure he thinks it is just a pillow - but I still think it is the cutest thing ever and that he is giving his little brother or sister a little cuddle :)

Ultrasound Update:
Here is our little one at 20 weeks and 1 day old! You can see *once again* the hand at the head- and you can see the feet a bit further down from that!
Pose number two should you once again a hand at the head- and the legs curled up! S/he must be a snuggler since s/he seemed to like to be closed in and not take up all the space it could :)

The ultrasound was pretty good considering I had to just stare at a ceiling for 20 minutes and only got to watch the screen for the last 10 minutes. M got to come in to watch too though which was nice. He was excited to finally be able to see and "meet" this little baby of ours. Everything looked great with a heartbeat at 141 bpm and measuring at 11.3 inches! (About an inch longer than they say babies usually are for 20 weeks) The nurse also reassured us the head looked like a normal size after M commented the head looked big to see my reaction. She also called the baby a contortionist for some of the weird positions it got into... I like to think that will mean s/he will squeeze out faster somehow :)

We plan to get a 3D ultrasound done as well later on- then we get to see this babe in real life! Time is zooming- but we are excited :D

1 comment:

  1. So excited that everything's going well! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete