The appointment was a really good and a rather quick one!
First: Weight- I'm finally above my pre-preggo weight! I have a feeling that it might climb quite steadily and fast from now on. I wouldn't mind just a bit at a time but I know I don't have too much control over the weight thing!
Second: Blood pressure was low normal at 90 over 60! That kinda helped explained why I almost fainted that morning!
Third: Fundal height- Well it astounded my doctor and made her even second guess herself as she said "Am I doing this right?" I guess since my last appointment I grew 8cm! I was measuring 2 weeks ahead at 27cm! This would explain the feet in my ribs all the time :P
Fourth: Heartbeat.... well this was a funny little moment. The doctor as always pinpointed exactly where the heartbeat would be and we heard it for a whole 5 seconds as the baby moved. She found it again and once again after a few seconds the baby moved again! The doctor thought this was pretty funny and said "Well we know s/he's in there I'll just put down that s/he was moving too much for the bpm" Talk about a trouble maker ;)
And that was it! I got some bloodwork sheets to go get my diabetes test and rh negative shot done for next week. It was a good visit- and it was also on our 4th Wedding Anniversary so it was extra special!
As I sit here now at 27 weeks (Starting the third trimester depending who you ask) My stomach has exploded into a giant belly. The baby is always on the move and while my energy is dwindling I still am much more active than I ever was pregnant with Alex. We went camping this past week and I hiked for at least 4km a day. I also did a bit of biking and some canooing. It was a lot of fun. My sciatica in my hip is acting up with this babe but I do my best to ignore it! We go for a 3D ultrasound on the 10th and words cannot express how excited I am! I can't wait to see if s/he looks anything like Alex and the glimpse of personality we can see in there!
Here is a picture of the tummy at 24 weeks
And here is a picture of the kids 'playing' at the campground just shy of 27 weeks. Big difference a couple of weeks make eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment