Thursday, August 6, 2009

A bit later but still technically 10 Weeks...

Eek its a baby now!
Development:
Your baby's nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled. In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Though your baby's arms are developing, each one is only about the size of this number 1.

Your baby's growth is fast and furious when you are 10 weeks pregnant
. He or she is nearly an inch and a half long and the size of a prune, but not nearly as shriveled (even with all the time it spends in water). In fact, your baby is really taking a human shape now. Bones and cartilage are forming, and small indentations on the legs are developing into knees and ankles. The arms (complete with elbows) can flex already, but don't run to the store for a baseball bat just yet. Though your baby's arms are taking shape and getting stronger, each one is only about the size of this number 1. The tooth bud fairy is making her appearance this week, heralding the arrival of your baby's little choppers, which are forming under the gums. (Those pearly whites won't break through the gums until your baby is close to six months old). Other systems are go, too. Your baby's stomach is producing digestive juices, the kidneys are producing larger quantities of urine, and, if your baby's a boy, he's already producing testosterone (yikes!).
.
Update on me:

Nothing tooo new this way. I was pretty sick last Friday through the night, I guess a reminder from John A that he was still around. Then since then once again it has been just the odd nausea if I don't eat right when I'm hungry. I find I am not hungry though a lot. I have a hard time eating. Its not that I feel sick. Its just that I don't want to eat... if that makes sense? My doctor appointment went well she didn't try to find a heart beat since she said it was pretty hit or miss this early when it came to finding the heartbeat and neither of us wanted to stress over it if she couldn't find it. So that was nice of her I thought. It sounds like she will deliver which is also exciting since she never mentioned transferring me over to another doctor or OBgyn. So yay! I have another appointment with her on August 31 and she said she will try for the heartbeat then! So that will also be nice to hear it after I arrive back from Disney!

I have my IPS ultrasound and first blood test on Monday. I am slightly freaking out again. Its not that I think anything is wrong, and I still have some symptoms... but I still worry at the fact of what if there is no longer a heart beat, or what if he stopped growing etc. I don't think I ever had such anxiety until I became pregnant. Maybe it is a defense mechanism? I don't know but everytime I think about my ultrasound I just kinda panic. Although there is also an excitement don't get me wrong. I just know I won't be able to breathe until I see little John A beating away and moving around!

To add to my panic I end my progesterone tonight... oh geez they were my crutch.... I am going to feel like it's all up to me now- and that is kinda intimidating and frightening.

Other than that my stomach can no longer be hidden. In terms of toilet paper my ribs and that are about 7 sheets... (now I'm not saying I was super flat- but I was pretty flat) at 8 weeks I was 9 1/4 sheets at 9 weeks I was 10 1/4 sheets and I am now over 10 sheets! Last night both of our mums looked at my stomach at the same time and started laughing : Thanks... Ah well I'll take it if it means there is a healthy baby in there!

2 comments:

  1. You should start posting belly pics soon! That's so much fun :)

    PS - sorry for the ignorance, but how did the name John A come about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marta!
    I actually probably should start taking some belly pics- there is definitely belly but I guess I feel a bit more of a poser still since it isn't completely solid. But I should start for comparisons too!
    Don't apologize! John A. is our nickname for the baby right now because both my hubby and I are history majors and have always named our pets after historical figures (Napoleon, Trudeau, Mackenzie - last two after the prime ministers) So our families make fun that we will probably give our kids historical names so they started referring to the baby as John A. as in our first Prime Minister John A Macdonald... We aren't going to actually name him John A though (if its a boy :) Just works for now... but they are right that the kid will probably have some form of historical name haha .

    ReplyDelete