Monday, August 31, 2009

An update of the past 20 days!

Well I thought it was finally time I updated and since M is at band practice I thought this would take this opportunity to keep myself busy with a posting.

From 16 August to 26:
Well what can I say about Disney World besides it was amazing! Even though I could barely go on any of the rides it was still a lot of fun, and I think my mum enjoyed it even more since she doesn't do rides so for once she had someone to sit with. The niece and nephew also had a blast and I was very excited that my niece (who is 11) was still super happy to line up for autographs and pictures. I was a bit worried that she would think it was uncool. And since she wanted to meet characters I waited in line for some of them and got to talk to Belle! Lame how happy it made me but 6 year old me was almost star struck. The hotel was wonderful as it was last time and my dad loved being a big kid all over again. Mark and I couldn't get over the fact that next year when we go we will have our baby with us! Crazy!

August 18:
On a note about our 2nd anniversary the day was really nice. We spent most of the day with the family then after dinner we went to Downtown Disney to look at stores and spend some quality time. Even though I asked Mark a couple of days before if he got me a card or anything and told him how relieved I was that he didn't because I definitely didn't I was still suprised on the 18th to get out of the shower and see a card and present waiting for me! I felt like such a jerk! But the sweetheart got me a lovely card and a Willow Tree figurine "Cherish" (a preggo one) I loved it, I cried. This willow tree is so special because working at the jewellery store last summer we sold Willow Tree and my heart would just be full of so many emotions when I would look at it, anger/frustration/jealousy/ and hope. At a restaurant we also were made to stand up infront of the restaurant as they announced our anniversary and that we are expecting our first baby! It was sooo nice and hilarious that it was announced to 50 strangers meanwhile it hasn't been announced to other friends at home haha.

27 August:
On the way back my niece got really sick, and since we spent 22 hours in the car with her needless to say we all got sick. She went to the hospital when she got home and the idiot doctor told her he was 99.9% she had swine flu. Apparently she had all the symptoms... you know like cough/vomitting/fever/sore throat... symptoms that obviously can't be compared to any other virus in the world haha. Well I was told that she HAD it and he even wrote a note for me to give to my doctor if I needed saying I was in contact with someone who HAD the swine flu and a possible prescription I should use. Well I of course went to my doctor (I wouldn't have if I wasn't pregnant but due to all of the stuff in the news about high risk for pregnant women M was going to drag me rather I wanted to or not) I talked to my own doctor and also another about it and they basically were like "there is no way you have swine flu"... I agree- I just have a cold. If it was the flu my neice had I would have for sure had it... not to mention no one else has gotten anything worse than a cold who has been in contact with her.

I was so mad at the doctor in her hometown for a couple of reasons.... 1) What gives him the right to tell them he is 99.9% sure they have something when it could theoretically be anything! (especially tell people who are hypochondriacs anyways) 2) What if I believed him and got that prescription? That presciption is a type C medication meaning it hasn't been tested on humans OR animals. (I'm not pro testing on animals but frankly I'd rather find out if it has side effects on babies that belong to a rat compared to my own)

Anyways the past 20 days have been super busy, full of food, a bit of sickness (I got sick a couple of times thanks to John A.) and lots of fun. I'm still getting over my cold but hopefully it will disappear soon.

I must say it is nice to be back home though with my kittens and doggy!

1 comment:

  1. "At a restaurant we also were made to stand up infront of the restaurant as they announced our anniversary and that we are expecting our first baby!"

    This is adorable and hilarious for, as you said, the fact that you haven't announced it to home-folk yet! haha

    ReplyDelete