Sunday, September 13, 2009

Baby is that you?

Today makes me 16 weeks along! Well according to doctors I am actually almost 17 weeks (as of tuesday) because they are going by my last menstrual period- assuming I have a 28 day cycles. I was surprised my fertility specialist also goes by the lmp especially since they know the exact date that I ovulated has me at a due date of 28 Feb not 24 Feb. Oh well maybe that means I won't have to carry baby as long :P



I've been a horrible updater lately. Sometimes I feel as though I have no updates, while other times I feel like I have too much to write and can't narrow down my thoughts enough. So here are some updates!

Baby photo:

Development Update:

Five and a half inches tall and only six ounces in weight. The child can grasp with his hands,kick, or even somersault. At this time, your baby is holding her head erect. Because her muscles are developing, she can make some faces now. Your baby is able to squint, frown and open its mouth. There is enough calcium in the bones that they will show up on an x-ray. Your baby's fingernails are well formed now and the legs are longer than the arms. Because your baby is moving well now, you may begin to feel his movements!

My own baby Update:

I think I can officially say that I can feel baby! Although I must say they are not quite the 'flutters' that I heard that they feel like. In my cases they are actual little thumps or sometimes 'swooshing' if she is flipping around in there. Even M got to feel the thumps the other night! We were just in the right place at the right time. He was soo excited and I think it reallllllly became real for him. Especially when I said, "Just think M, you just felt your son or daughter" Wow. Just crazy. I know it is a bit early to feel actual kicks and that but let me assure you I know what gas feels like and it definitely wasn't that. They aren't strong thumps or anything but enough to feel them if you are pressing down long/hard enough on the uterus.

I am also trying really hard this month to refer to baby as 'she'. We don't know what the baby is and as you know we don't plan to find out, but I feel as though I need to start wrapping my head around that my intuition could be wrong and it actually is a girl. I honestly have no preference and would be as thrilled for a girl as I would be for a boy. I guess I fear that if I keep thinking 'boy' that the second she comes out and they annouce it is a girl I may feel disappointed. Not disappointed in the fact she is a girl, but in the fact that my 'mother intuition' was wrong. I would hate for that moment to be ruined due to that. Thus I am now planning to have one month referring to baby to 'her' and the next as 'him' etc. Hopefully that will help!

I have actually been feeling more sick lately than I have all pregnancy. I have gag moments in the mornings mostly when I brush my teeth- I don't know if it is the toothpaste or what but it's weird. I also bought a new bra this week! As a smaller chested girl my whole life you have to understand how exciting it was for me to go from a 34 B to a 36 C! It's great! I know they will only keep changing in sizes both up and down after baby but I always dreamed of being a C cup and it was nice to finally reach that goal- not to mention the great feeling of feeling comfortable in a bra again! In terms of the chest area I'm also starting to produce colostrum which is exciting and weird at the same time.

Mentally I am still dealing with loads of paranoia however, I do try to subside the negative thoughts by looking at different products which instill a much more positive feeling within. I wish I just had a doppler or ultrasound at my disposal for whenever I have my usual fears. At times I even convince myself I haven't felt the baby yet- which is rediculous since I know that I have... I wish I just had more confidence in myself and the growth of our baby.

In the next few weeks I will be busy with baby stuff.
This Thursday: I go for my second round of bloodtests for the IPS screening
Next Friday: We go for our 18 week ultrasound!!!! I can't wait! Although it is still unsure if M can come which will be too bad since it will probably be the last time we get to see baby unless we do a 3d one.
Then on 5 October: I have a prenatal appt so yay for hearing the heart beat again!

Hopefully all of these appointments will start to make time move a bit faster and assure me all is well. I am also going to start getting busy with sewing receiving blankets/cloth diapers/bibs etc.

I am starting to get excited that in 168 days (give or take) our little one will be with us!

1 comment: