Monday, November 2, 2009

23 Week 5 Day Doctor Appointment

Well today I had a prenatal appointment and it went pretty well- nothing too exciting but that isn't a bad thing.

Appointment in Order it Happened

1st- We went over if there have been anything new develop since the last appt. I added the whole seconds away from fainting thing and shortness of breath. She didn't seem to worried since it is very normal, just reassuring to hear

2nd- She had results from our 18 week ultrasound... everything looked fantastic! Then this conversation started...

Dr: "So do you guys want to know the gender?"
Me: "NOooooooooo"
Dr: "Allright then"
Me: "Well does it actually say what the gender is on that paper...??"
Dr: "Yes it does...are you sure you don't want to know?"
HUGE PAUSE AND ME EYEING UP M...
Me: *sigh* "Yes...."

3rd- I got a speech on the vaccine which was a blur since the whole time I was trying to peak at that piece of paper that had the gender on it with no success

4th- Fundal height... she forgot to tell me those results since she was too interested in the fact that the baby is lying transverse (sideways in the uterus- which also explains why I've been thinking my stomach hasn't been popped out as much as well as the kicks/punches on my far sides)

5th- Heartbeat.... she forgot to tell me those results since she was too busy laughing at the fact that the baby kept punching her doppler as she was trying to time the heart rate... (this child does not like its space invaded- i.e. may not move for well over an hour then dog or M puts their head on the tummy and POW kicked in the head...)

6th- Weight... I'm actually still doing really good on this surprisingly (especially with Hallowe'en candy all month) I'm right on track if not a little under... so yay!

7th- One last try at me trying to peak at paper and failed

Whats to come:
This week: I get my vaccine

In two weeks: I go for my glucose test which I am dreading

30 November: I have my next appt

2 December: I reach THIRD trimester!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing SO hard at the kicked in the head bit!

    Also - PROUD OF YOU for actually saying no to finding out the gender! That must have been really, really hard!

    ReplyDelete