Monday, November 30, 2009

27 Weeks and 5 day Doctor Appointment

Well today things went well some good news mixed with some 'not great' news (although that doesn't mean it is bad news)

First
I pee into cup... This reminds me I need to google if where you pee changes while pregnant. I swear I never had to reach so far back to make sure the cup collects all the pee- but maybe it is an optical illusion with a tummy getting more in the way in the front?

Second
We go over last weeks blood tests.

Good News: She doesn't have the results about my hepetitus and HIV tests- but I am pretty sure I'm in the all clear on that one :)

Great News: I PASSED MY GESTATIONAL DIABETES TEST!! W00T!! (This means I don't have to go on a strict diet- lets face it I would probably die since I am already so picky- and I won't have to worry about going onto antibiotics once my labour starts or an over-sized baby!)

'Not-so Great News': Apparently my blood type is O- .... Negative bloodtypes are not so great for pregnancy since if M is a positive blood type and baby is then a positive blood type it can cause measure problems if somehow my blood mixes with the baby. So I have to go get a RH- shot this week then after I give birth I need that shot again. It is more so a problem for future pregnancies since my body has already had a 'taste' for the positive blood it can actually build up antibodies trying to rid my body of the 'enemy' aka future babies... That is just something that someone that is already worried about the ability of having future children wants to hear :
So I just have to watch for if I have a big fall/spotting/bleeding/any reason for internal bleeding then I need to go to a hospital ASAP for this shot!

Third
Weigh in... ugh... I gained quite a bit this month... I was worried I would get yelled at but she pretty much had the exact opposite reaction.

M- just take a big breath out and take out all that extra breath to help (haha he knew I was worried)
Dr- Oh women don't care about the weight- especially pregnant ones... especially tiny people like she is (Um did she just call me TINY?! I haven't heard that for sooooo long I almost got teary)
M- oh K does...
Dr- Well she shouldn't...
Me- Well if you aren't worried I will try not to be it was just a big increase compared to other months
Dr- Yah it was a bit of a leap compared to others but you are doing great. *Yay!*

Fourth
Next she measured fundal height (my uterus)
She figures the head is down- YAY- bum is the the left and feet are to the right - which corresponds perfectly with why I am in constant pain under my right rib- I got some baby feet pressing again my rib bone... cute picture but OW please move them a little bit!
Pretty much fundal height is done in cm and it is basically 1cm for each week you are with +/- 2cm ... ex. when I was 18 weeks I measured 19cm (I think... something like that...)
Today I am *almost* 28 weeks and measured at 31cm! So technically I am carrying large- but the doctor didn't really seem to care- and frankly I would rather carry large than small...

Fifth
Next was the Heart Beat!
She pretty much confirmed where she thought the baby was by pinpointing the EXACT spot of the heart on first try... we were sooooo impressed. Heartbeat was a strong 124!

Things to come:

This week:
My RH- shot :(

Saturday (5 Dec):
WE GET TO SEE MY BABY!!! (but shhhh its a secret!) My parents are giving the baby an early Christmas present of a 3D ULTRASOUND I am soooooooooooooo excited I don't even know what to do! If you haven't seen what they are like seriously search Youtube.com and look up 3d ultrasound at 28 weeks for an idea! And the best part is there is room for 6 people to watch it all- so my parents (obviously), the in-laws, and M's sister are going to be there to watch the whole thing! It is for 30 minutes and we get pictures, a CD slideshow of pictures, and the whole 30 minutes ON DVD! I can't wait to see if our baby has M's nose- I really hope it does- I can't wait to see its chubby little cheeks- I hope it accidently shows us a penis or a vagina- I hope we get to see it smile/yawn/open and close eyes/suck its thumb etc!

21 Dec:
My next doctor appointment (yes I am now seeing her every 3 weeks!) She is going to go over labour pain management and booking my hospital tour information... can you believe I'm already at that stage that I need this info!? When I see her next I'll be 31 weeks... only 8 weeks left to go! Wow.... OH she also confirmed that she DOES deliver so that is exciting and it is nice to finally know that haha

I guess that is it for the update! Hopefully I will post some photos on here after our ultrasound next week! Only 86 more days to go until BABY! woohooo!!!!

2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! I didn't get to read this until today because Trevor's computer died last week and he had to get a whole new harddrive/lost EVERYTHING we had saved...including the link to your blog! haha

    STOKED about tomorrow!!! So awesome that your parents are doing that for you! I can't wait to watch the dvd when I come visit you later this month (still to be determined when haha)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire post made me SO HAPPY!

    You are probably seeing your baby in 3D RIGHT NOW. How incredible is that?

    I will see you so soon! :D :D

    ReplyDelete