Monday, December 14, 2009

My last two days in the twenties week of pregnancy... :O

Well as of Wednesday I will be 30 weeks! That means in the next 7-10 weeks we will be having a baby! So crazy!

We have lots of preparing still to do yet at the same time we are pretty much ready for the big day!

Lets see if I can break this update a little bit in what happened since my last post...

Monday 30 Nov: I had my doctor appt as you know and all was looking good with baby head down etc

Thursday 4 Dec: Had a really weird pain and pressure in the uterus wasn't sure what that was about... baby was really active from about 9pm to 7am! So no sleep for me!

Friday 5 Dec: Had our 3D ultrasound and verified that the pain is what I thought it was... the baby flipping.... so for our ultrasound the baby was breach! Let me just say that ultrasound was probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. We went with my mum and dad, and M's mum and dad and little sister (who is 19- and ohhh so pumped to be an aunt).

They brought M and I into the room first to get comfy and so we could see the baby first- this meant a lot since for some reason I felt we should get to see it first :P What is the first image we see of the baby you ask? How about sleeping baby with its foot placed right next to its cheek as if it was using its foot as a phone... it was pretty hilarious!

Then we brought in the family and everyone was just in awe. We couldn't get over how much this baby is basically M Jr. But I wouldn't want it any other way :) Since it was up all through the night it mostly slept but it was still moving around and we got many nice pictures (100 actually) The whole 30 minute session was also placed on DVD to music of our choice- we picked the Epcot parade song that we bought the CD from Disney this past summer it is about dreams and just really fitting!

Here are three of my favourite pictures of our little guy (or little girl!)





11 December: We went crib shopping and after I left a furniture store in tears because I was pretty sure we would never get a crib we went to ToysRUs. They just so happened to have a sale going on... they didn't have the one we wanted in stock sadly ,and since shipping takes 6-8 weeks and we don't have that time anymore we kinda needed something in stock. THe lady was nice enough to search the other stores and found that Windsor was carrying it and had them put it on hold for us :)

12 December: This past Saturday M and I went to Windsor again and finally picked up our crib! We also did some Christmas shopping AND we did the best thing ever in which I always wanted to do for quite a few years.... we made a bear for our baby at Build A Bear Workshop! It is just a plain English Teddy type of bear- we didn't put clothes on it or anything, but inside of the bear is a heart that we got to hug/kiss/ and make a wish with... so it is a very special bear. It also comes with a gift certificate we had to fill out and it really hit me we were going to have a baby when it said "Made by:" and I filled in "mum and dad" whoa... got a bit teary doing that!

We also got out Christmas tree up the same day AND watched Christmas Eve On Sesame Street (my fav Christmas movie) This day was also really special since it marked 6 years since M and I had our first date! Who would have thought 6 years ago that my highschool crush and I would be buying a crib?!

13 December: We moved the guest bed out of the baby's room and put it into the office. And M set up the crib! It looks sooo nice and is sooo sturdy and I am 100% confident in it! He did a wonderful job and when it was all set up (we don't have a mattress yet but I still set up the bumpers/comforter/stuffed animals so it looked like it was done) M just had an expression on his face I've never seen before- just pure bliss. It was a special moment in which I hope to never forget. It was just a 'we really did this, we are really going to do this' moment I guess.

And I guess that leaves us to today! Nothing too new today besides me thinking that the baby is transverse again (sideways) I hope it realizes that soon it will realize it will have to find one position and stick with it- and hopefully a head down position at that! I also can't wait for my doctor appt next Monday... I get impatient for them for no real reason besides I love my doctor and love hearing that everything is going good!

Thanks for reading this monster of an update!

1 comment:

  1. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS MONSTER OF AN UPDATE!

    That is all haha

    ReplyDelete