Well this weeks doctors appointment went pretty well as always! It seemed like a much shorter visit- more so on my part since I really didn't have any new 'symptoms' to report so that part of the appointment went by fast!
Here is the breakdown....
First
- Doctor comes in and is always impressed I know exactly how far along I am... I guess not everyone does?
- No new symptoms to report besides nausea is definitely getting a lot better *yay!* and baby is hiccupping a lot now (which by the way is probably the cutest thing ever)
- We go over blood results and I am HIV and Hepatitis B and C free (not like I was worried about these but still good to know)
Second
- Blood pressure was a bit lower for me at 110 over 60 ... I am usually around 110 over 70 although I am not entirely sure what it all means and she didn't seem concerned so yay?
Third
- Weight was only a one pound gain. After such an increase last month (8 pounds- yet I'm still not sure where that all went) she seemed not too happy about only 1 pound this time, I figure it averaged out last months which puts me right where I belong, but at the same time I am supposed to be gaining about 4-5 pounds a month so 1 pound isn't quite enough. Although I am sure that will change next appt with all of the Christmas treats around!
Fourth
- Fundal height shows once again I am measuring 3-4 weeks ahead at 34 cm. (Again usually fundal height coinsides with how many weeks you are so I should have been around 30-31cm) It really doesn't mean anything like I will deliver earlier or whatever, although that would be nice ;)
Fifth
- Heartrate was at a solid 144bpm and baby is once again head down! I think it will stay there since I think the baby has already dropped a tiny bit... the head seems to be back behind the pelvic bone which is lower than usual. But technically it can still flip but hopefully it doesn't know that.
Sixth
- Doctor asked if I had any questions.... yes I did
- I am starting to get some anxiety about my scarring and how tearing 'down there' or needing an episiotme or c-section will be affected by my hypertrophic scarring.
- She was very good with dealing with my anxiety saying that was a solid question and to be honest she wasn't too sure since she has never dealt with this issue before. I must say I was happy to hear that she was honest with me about that and promised to do some research and ask the other Doctor there who delivers and has been doing so for over 20 years. I trust her when she says she will and I know she will be full of info for my next appointment because she is awesome for that!
- She said though that when it comes to scarring unfortunately there is nothing you can do to prevent it beforehand but during and after the fact there are somethings they can try. During obviously she will try to avoid me tearing or the need of an episiotme, and I have full confidence she will try her best. Afterwards there are some options such as steriod injections which help things heal faster and less time to form scars or something like that.
- When I told her that with my other scar I had pressure therapy on it (a silicone gel type thing taped up to make pressure on it) and I was pretty sure I couldn't do that 'down there' she giggled and agreed with me. It made me giggle to see her response.
Seventh
- She ended by giving me all of my pre-registration information sheets for my hospital tour I have to book today to take place in the next couple of weeks.
Things to come:
-I have to pack mine and baby's hospital bags *just incase* something decides to happen when M and I are in Waterloo the first weekend of January because it would suck to have absolutely nothing with us if for some reason I need to be in the hospital up there!
-Hospital tour of the labour/delivery floor
- My next appointment is 11 January (which is a month before baby comes!) and then I see my doctor every 2 weeks!
Now if I could only get some sleep.... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment