I was reflecting today on the past year and I can't believe what a rollercoaster of a year it was. Lets look at the ride....
January 2009
- I finally made the biggest call of my life to my doctor to discuss why I was having trouble conceiving
February 2009
- I have that appointment and get referred to the fertility specialist
- We meet with the fertility specialist for the first time
March 2009
- I start my month of tests including way too many blood tests and the lovely dye up the uterus test
April 2009
- Have an appointment with the fertility specialist and get classified as unexplained infertility
- Given the goal line of trying Clomid for 6 months to see if that helps
- Have my first round of Clomid and whoa that was intense on the emotional side of things for both of us
- Bleed through my Clomid week and then start every day monitoring at the fertility clinic due to this, also added was the every other day internal ultrasounds and the every day blood tests
May 2009
- Yet another month with yet another negative pregnancy test
- Later in the month we try Clomid again later in the month and recieving the call that it might be a good idea to try IUI with the Clomid
- Have the hard decision of if we should or should not go through with it- decide yes
- The rest of the month is every day bloodtests and every other day internal ultrasounds
June 2009
- Monitoring continues
- Told I have a cyst on my one ovary thanks to Clomid
- We go through with the IUI
- I make the decision that I am not going to live differently anymore and it will happen when it will happen
- I also have my biggest breakdown moment where I decided it was best that we put the whole trying to conceive thing on hold for a few months to save my own mentality
- A couple of days later I find out that we would get to put it on hold for a whole other reason because I FINALLY got that POSITIVE TEST!
July 2009
- Had our first ultrasound where we got to see and hear our baby's heartbeat (and make sure it was just one in there)
- Entered the second trimester
August 2009
- Had the second ultrasound with bloodtests
- Get told good news that everything looks healthy and low chances for genetic diseases
September 2009
- Third ultrasound with everything measuring perfectly
October 2009
- Start seeing the doctor regularly for appointments and exclusively just her since I was 'released' from the observations from the fertility clinic
November 2009
- Entered the third trimester
-Had a baby shower!
December 2009
- Had the 3D ultrasound and got to really see our little baby
- Realized how thankful I am of everything this past year. M and I have come soooo far along on so many different levels and so much of it has been thanks to this little one sticking its bum under my ribs at the moment. The baby hasn't even entered yet but s/he has already had a major impact in our lives and all for the better.
Where this time last year I was dreading having to ask for help with making a baby to today where the nursery is all set, everything is ready is just an insane transition.
2010 is going to be sooo different. M and I will be someone's mum and dad. There will be a new challenges with having a baby but with this baby there will also be first steps, first tooth, first words.... wow
Lets bring on the New Year and embrace it with everything we've got!
Hell yeah!
ReplyDeleteWow what a year!
I can't even believe how long ago all the daily bloodtests and our lunches in London were...it honestly feels so much more recent than that. But also feels like a lifetime ago, somehow.
I'm so excited! And so numbed or something, like...I still can't fully wrap my head around it all being real (you probably are feeling that way too, about the baby being born/out not the pregnancy - as I'm sure that's VERY real to you at this point *lol*
Cripes! SO SOON!