Friday, December 18, 2009

30 weeks likes to be noticed....

Well I received a lovely 'gift' for reaching 30 weeks this week...

Stretch marks :(

I knew I would not be able to avoid them since I had them previously from a growing spurt when I was 9 on my thighs... but I was hoping my body would forget that it knows how to produce them.

I've creamed my body up every night (I remember to cream up more than I remember to take my prenatal vitamins)

The other week I found some signs of stretch marks on my hips. It was sad but at least they are somewhat hidden by underwear bands...

But last night after looking in the mirror I realized I have also been hit my the stretch mark belly fairy... They aren't totally hideous yet- more like if my dog set her paws on the under part of my belly... but now I know it is just a matter of time before they start creeping up and getting darker.

It is just disheartening knowing they will be with me for life... sure they should fade a bit... but still- you can never totally hide them.

Why can't anything pregnancy related at least somehow make you look sexier instead of taking away the little bit of sexiness you had left?

In the end I know this is such a selfish aesthetics post- I guess it just takes time to adjust to a new body image.

I know that even if I was told the only way I would have a healthy pregnancy was to cover my body with stretch marks I would do it in a heartbeat- anything for this little baby I would do. And with each movement and hiccup I just fall in love more with it and then the bodily changes seem to fade as I am just filled with such happiness.

I guess I should just keep focussed on that and not looking in a mirror anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment