Sunday, July 5, 2009

John A is 6 weeks today and growing...

This is probably the most precious thing in the world...
Development

Your body may not yet have changed on the outside, but there's a lot happening on the inside. For one thing, the pregnancy hormone hCG is causing an increase of blood flow to your pelvic area, and your kidneys are becoming more efficient at ridding your body of waste; add to that the fact that your growing uterus is beginning to push down on your bladder and you've got a perfect (pee) storm. You might be coping with queasiness, bloating, and cravings (sorry), but there's plenty of good news too. Your baby's jaw, cheeks, chin, eyes, ears, and nose are beginning to form what will eventually become one adorable face. In addition, her kidneys, liver, and lungs are developing, and her heart is now beating 80 times a minute (and getting faster every day). All this and she's still no bigger than the length of a nail head (about a quarter of an inch) from crown to rump!

I am now only two weeks and two days away from our ultrasound. Eventhough I still have many moments of panic of what if something goes wrong, I am staying positive. It helps reminding myself that both my mum and nana had trouble conceiving...not trouble carrying. The last couple of days I think I am starting to get a bit of the nausea. Nothing too bad yet. In a weird way I hope it gets worse because it will probably help with the paranoia that something might be wrong. But I am happy that I am starting to have moments of 'ick' ness. I also am having a really hard time eating this week. It is not that I feel sick, its just that as soon as I start eatting I fill like I can't fit any food inside of me. It's a really weird thing, but I make sure if I can't eat anything I drink an instant breakfast and I am impressing myself as to how dedicated I am to my multi-vitamins.

I definitely have the bloated and tired parts of pregnancy! Some moments of the day I seriously look about 4-5 mths pregnant. I am only down to 2 pairs of pants now. I wish it was baby and not just gasses filling me up haha. And man am I tired- just everything poops me out. I have a couple of hour naps everyday and it takes all my energy to climb our stairs to go pee (which is something else I do a lot now too haha). Most of the day is just spent on the couch with blankets and pillows. Poor M has kind of had to take over house work. He doesn't complain but I feel really guilty about it.

All in all I am feeling very happy. I am excited and I just love thinking about all of the fun things to come during this pregnancy. We decided we won't find out the gender of the baby. (I know this is coming from the most impatient person in the world) But I feel like we waiting soooo long to get pregnant that I want to wait and make the big day even that much more special of having M tell me if we have a son or a daughter.... that just gave me chills..."son" or "daughter" wow- just amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Son or daughter! That totally gave me chills.

    And I had another little teary moment reading this. You're going to be the best mum ever, Kimseh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the sleepiness and stuff...but...OMFG YOU'RE PREGNANT!!! SERIOUSLY! OMFG!!!!

    It's still so surreal to me...

    ReplyDelete