Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Time to meet the REAL John A.

8 Weeks 2 Days
So here he is! Sorry for the blurry picture quality the picture we have in real life is a bit clearer... but if you see the top rounded part inside the black part it is his head. You can also see the cord near the round part on the left side going to the body.

Words cannot explain how amazing it was to see this in real life. When she zoomed into the uterus you could make out so much stuff, no squinting or guessing. The best part by far was SEEING the heart beating! Wow it just beats soooo fast! As soon as I saw that I relaxed times a hundred. It was the most beautiful sight in the world seeing your babe's heart beating away. Then it got even better because with a touch of a button suddenly we could HEAR the heart beating away. M said it best explaining it sounded like a train just chugging away. Keep in mind by now the heart is beating around 150 beats per minute- twice our own heartbeat... now imagine how that sounds and looks. John A. is a realllly good size too! As per last post I said that babe is around 1.25 cm... John A. is at 1.8cm! So it's nice to know that he is doing well and growing nicely.

Apparently they usually like for you to consult with the head Dr. there afterwards but since he was away on vacation this week I get to go for ANOTHER ultrasound in 3 weeks today!! So August 11th we get to see our babe again and hopefully see how healthy he is growing and how much he has changed! In that ultrasound they are also going to measure the thickness of his neck because that can indicate if there is any chromosome defects. I also get a bloodtest which I am kind of happy about because it never hurts to check the levels of everything also. I'll be 11 weeks and 2 days then. At the same time I also have to make an appt with my family doctor for all of my prenatal work and they will basically be the ones taking care of me then... the London ultrasound is just an added bonus I guess.

The whole experience was just surreal. I will never forget it. We will never forget it. It is nice to be able to reflect on it whenever I get the feeling "is there really something in there?" Now I just close my eyes and imagine that little heart fluttering away, the whoosh whoosh whoosh of hearing the heart or cheat and just look at the picture.

11 comments:

  1. OMFG!

    Oh wow.

    Seriously.

    Most people's ultrasounds, at least the early ones like this, you can't tell what's in teh pic at all - but you can totally tell it's a baby and kinda what's-where in yours! SO AWESOME

    I'm all teary (surprize). This makes it so much more real to me, too!

    I bought a new agenda yesterday and I was filling it out last night and I peed a little when I got to write in "John A.'s due date" in your birthday box!!!

    Oh gosh.

    I bet I'll be on this blog like, daily, just to look at that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOK A BABY!!!

    It's growing inside you!

    Oh man! This is so exciting!

    I'm so glad the first thing that happened to me this morning was receiving a text from Ash telling me about this! Best wake-up moment of my life!

    There's a baby inside you! I'm so so so happy right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting this far. It must be a huge relief to see the heart beat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful little wee! I'm so happy to hear how excited you are to be pregnant and to hear that there's a heartbeat, really brought a smile to my face.

    Can't wait until your 11 week ultrasound pic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have now been back to look at the pic 9 times since last night.

    I showed it to my parents, too!

    So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ash- Thanks for your patience for me to post haha. I am happy that it made you excited and that you keep looking at it haha.

    Sloan- Thats too funny about the txt msg! I'm happy at how happy you are!

    Hope- Thanks for the congrats! It was definitely a relief at the time!

    Marta- Thanks so much for posting! 3 weeks never felt so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking at your baby again!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha you guys are too hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...I'm definitely looking again!

    Still, every time I think about this, I get a happy little jumpy butterfly in my tummy. This is seriously STILL the best news ever!

    ReplyDelete