n mmmmmm, b <-- Alex's first try at typing on the computer with his feet. (I am trying to type as he feeds/naps)
Well what another whirlwind of a week- I can't believe he is already two weeks old!
Sunday
-We went to church for the first time with Alex
- It was like a recieving line of everyone coming up to us with congratulations and wanting to welcome him (the whole congregation was excited for his birth as they watched him grow through my pregnancy- they refer to him as the Church's baby)
- I think my favourite part was when an old lady in her mid eighties came to talk to to us and had her hand on his head (which is apparently an old lady thing to do) and her husband came up and told her "No we aren't having anymore" haha it made me laugh a lot! :)
Monday
-Alex and I met with M and his work for lunch! (The picture on this post is of his outfit he wore for the visit)
- Everyone at the school absolutely loved him. He was passed around person to person and just stared at everyone. He was perfectly well behaved and everyone couldn't get over how calm and adorable he is (and rightly so)
Tuesday
-M and I took Alexfor his first stroller ride- although he slept the whole way...
- We also took the dog on our walk
- It wasn't a long walk as it was just around the block and by the end my crotch was super sore from walking so much but it was very nice to be outside and I love my stroller to pieces!
Wednesday
-This day we just took it easy the two of us at home
- I just love watching Alex take everything in and getting to know his personality
- I could and do stare at him all day- I actually had nothing to eat or drink this day until 2:40pm even though I was up since 6am- he is just so entrancing!
Thursday
- We had a doctor's appt for his check up
- She said his colour looked great- his head was nice and round and no longer a conehead like it was when he was born haha
- He is completely healthy and up 11oz from last week even! Such a little porker- but he eats every 2 hours for 20 minutes so it shouldn't be a surprise!
- We also got a baby blanket from there from one of her patients that makes them, it was such a nice surprise!
-After the doctor's mum and I went to Swiss Chalet for lunch. This was his first restaurant experience and he did great! He slept the whole time!
- That night we walked Alex and the dog to the in-laws for a few hours
Friday
- We had the eye specialist appt!
- They were right on time and the nurse couldn't get over how cute he was to the point where she put her hand on mine while telling me this as though to tell me that she was serious and I must believe her
- The eye doctor was a super nice man who confirmed his eye goop is just caused by blocked tear ducts. He said that in 90% of the cases they clear up by the time they are 1mth however if it lasts until he is a year then there is a small procedure they can do to clear it up but they would have to knock them out for it. (But I think it is clearing up on its own as it has been much better the last couple of days)
- It was really nice to hear though that otherwise his eyes look healthy. Oddly enough the doctor just opened up his eyelids and looked for 2 seconds in each eye with no special lights or tools or anything and he could tell that Alex was farsighted already. I found that neat that he could tell that so easily.
Saturday
- M's first day of March Break! woohoo! A whole week with my two men!
- We went to my mum's to show Alex off to my other brother and his wife and 2 children who were visiting
- My youngest niece who is 9 mths old looks like a giant next to Alex- I couldn't believe it! The 2.5 yr old just adores Alex as well.
All in all yet another amazing week of getting to know our little man... My heart just grows with each moment I spend with him...
No comments:
Post a Comment