Sunday
- We went to church and it was a rather hilarious morning
- M, Alex and I all woke up on time and through the morning rush of showers/baths/and changing multiple clothes (well both mine and Alex's) we still managed to leave the house on time
- We even got to church 10 minutes early!
- However, when we got to church we noticed that there was already a lot of people sitting inside of it, then one of our friends came to us and said she wanted to see the baby before she got back to Sunday School.... um... Sunday School? That takes place during church!
- Then M goes "oh shoot today is daylight savings isn't it?"
- Yup! Instead of being 10 minutes early we were an hour late and made it just in time for church to end. Had to have a good laugh about that one!
- We spent a majority of the day at mum's with my sister-in-law and the nieces as well as some baby clothes shopping for 'little men' outfits (i.e. jeans and dress shirts instead of just sleepers)
-Alex also had his first tear today! It was so sad and I wiped it away before I even thought of taking a picture of it!
Monday
- This was yet another busy day of visiting!
- After a bit of a rough night due to Alex (and us) adjusting to the time change Alex was up a lot. It doesn't help he is also going through a growth spurt so he feeds almost every hour right now!
- Alex and I road tripped to my parent's town to visit a friend of mine who was home for a break from her co-op in P.E.I. It was really nice to visit and Alex yet again won another person's heart...
- We then went to my parents for a quick lunch for us both then headed home to have a visit with Alex's great-grampa which was transitioned and followed by a visit by my oldest sister and niece and nephew and my one brother as she was dropping her kids off here for my brother to pick them up and bring them to his house for a visit!
- Such a busy day which ended with Alex and I snuggling on the couch while M is at band
Tuesday
- Today was rather a lazy day but we did get quite a bit of housework done
- Alex is still feeding like a little porker with his growing spurt
- I think I found a birthmark on him. There is a different shade of colour on his upper thigh it is a really big patch- it is a debate for now whether it is a birthing bruise or a birth mark- but I am 80% sure it is a cafe au lait birthmark... I think its kinda cute I hope he does when he is older too...
- His grandma and uncle Matt came to visit in the evening it was a nice time
Wednesday
- This was such an awesome day!
- M and I went to London for the day with Alex and it was a nice relaxing day. We were going to hit a movie for 1pm since that is a special showing for parents with infants but we didn't find the theatre in time. Instead we went to a museum and art gallery (if you know us this would be no surprise we would take our 2.5 week baby to a museum already)
- We then went for a walk along the river and a small drive to the mall on the otherside of the city. We bought Alex the cutest ever blue plaid overalls then got back on the road to head home- we took the country route instead of the 401 as it was such a beautiful day and it was so nice not having to rush anywhere!
- Alex was a great travellor he only cried twice and that was for a poopy diaper (which I changed while he was on my lap like a champ) and then because he was hungry (which I fed him in the backseat of the car)
- All in all it was the best first family outting ever!
Thursday
- Thursday nothing much happened, we mostly stayed at home
- M took Alex to visit some old coworkers and it was the longest I was away from Alex as of yet- a whole hour and fifteen minutes... but man it felt like a lifetime. I had no idea I have already felt so bonded with Alex this much where I couldn't even handle being away from him for so long. I was close to tears multiple times and instead of catching up on sleep like M suggested I should do, I cleaned and did everything possible to stay busy to make time go by faster...
- I then had the first migraine I have had since I got pregnant in the evening and man I did not miss them at all. It was tough not being able to take anything too strong like I used to since I'm breastfeeding- plus I can't just sleep it off since a little man needs to be fed every 2 hours.
Friday
- One of my best friends Ash came to visit with her mum! It was so nice that she finally got to see him and it was great to catch up in real life!
- We went to church and it was a rather hilarious morning
- M, Alex and I all woke up on time and through the morning rush of showers/baths/and changing multiple clothes (well both mine and Alex's) we still managed to leave the house on time
- We even got to church 10 minutes early!
- However, when we got to church we noticed that there was already a lot of people sitting inside of it, then one of our friends came to us and said she wanted to see the baby before she got back to Sunday School.... um... Sunday School? That takes place during church!
- Then M goes "oh shoot today is daylight savings isn't it?"
- Yup! Instead of being 10 minutes early we were an hour late and made it just in time for church to end. Had to have a good laugh about that one!
- We spent a majority of the day at mum's with my sister-in-law and the nieces as well as some baby clothes shopping for 'little men' outfits (i.e. jeans and dress shirts instead of just sleepers)
-Alex also had his first tear today! It was so sad and I wiped it away before I even thought of taking a picture of it!
Monday
- This was yet another busy day of visiting!
- After a bit of a rough night due to Alex (and us) adjusting to the time change Alex was up a lot. It doesn't help he is also going through a growth spurt so he feeds almost every hour right now!
- Alex and I road tripped to my parent's town to visit a friend of mine who was home for a break from her co-op in P.E.I. It was really nice to visit and Alex yet again won another person's heart...
- We then went to my parents for a quick lunch for us both then headed home to have a visit with Alex's great-grampa which was transitioned and followed by a visit by my oldest sister and niece and nephew and my one brother as she was dropping her kids off here for my brother to pick them up and bring them to his house for a visit!
- Such a busy day which ended with Alex and I snuggling on the couch while M is at band
Tuesday
- Today was rather a lazy day but we did get quite a bit of housework done
- Alex is still feeding like a little porker with his growing spurt
- I think I found a birthmark on him. There is a different shade of colour on his upper thigh it is a really big patch- it is a debate for now whether it is a birthing bruise or a birth mark- but I am 80% sure it is a cafe au lait birthmark... I think its kinda cute I hope he does when he is older too...
- His grandma and uncle Matt came to visit in the evening it was a nice time
Wednesday
- This was such an awesome day!
- M and I went to London for the day with Alex and it was a nice relaxing day. We were going to hit a movie for 1pm since that is a special showing for parents with infants but we didn't find the theatre in time. Instead we went to a museum and art gallery (if you know us this would be no surprise we would take our 2.5 week baby to a museum already)
- We then went for a walk along the river and a small drive to the mall on the otherside of the city. We bought Alex the cutest ever blue plaid overalls then got back on the road to head home- we took the country route instead of the 401 as it was such a beautiful day and it was so nice not having to rush anywhere!
- Alex was a great travellor he only cried twice and that was for a poopy diaper (which I changed while he was on my lap like a champ) and then because he was hungry (which I fed him in the backseat of the car)
- All in all it was the best first family outting ever!
Thursday
- Thursday nothing much happened, we mostly stayed at home
- M took Alex to visit some old coworkers and it was the longest I was away from Alex as of yet- a whole hour and fifteen minutes... but man it felt like a lifetime. I had no idea I have already felt so bonded with Alex this much where I couldn't even handle being away from him for so long. I was close to tears multiple times and instead of catching up on sleep like M suggested I should do, I cleaned and did everything possible to stay busy to make time go by faster...
- I then had the first migraine I have had since I got pregnant in the evening and man I did not miss them at all. It was tough not being able to take anything too strong like I used to since I'm breastfeeding- plus I can't just sleep it off since a little man needs to be fed every 2 hours.
Friday
- One of my best friends Ash came to visit with her mum! It was so nice that she finally got to see him and it was great to catch up in real life!
Saturday
- Was another visitor day of first Alex`s great-grampa and his wife then M`s parents came over in the evening...
- Due to having to wait around for the visits we didn`t get to do anything else until we rented `The Proposal` at 9:30pm... It was nice to be able to snuggle in bed as Alex slept during the movie
- Alex also outgrew his very first outfit :`( I couldn`t believe it when I realized he couldn`t even straighten his legs in the outfit and his feet were scrunched up in the footsies! Needless to say I cried a lot... I can`t believe he is growing so fast!
Sunday
- We went to church and once again Alex was awesome during it and we kept getting stopped by everyone who wanted to see him. I am so happy to see he has a whole church family to grow up in
- I weighed and measured him at my mum`s house and was surprised to see he gained an inch and also went up basically 2 pounds since 1 March when we were discharged! Yikes- no wonder why he is so hungry all the time- he is a growing boy!
All in all it was an awesome week with M at home to spend the week as a family 24-7... Both M and I were sad he had to go back to work today and I`m sure Alex felt the same... I can`t believe he is almost a month old already... my little man is growing too fast for my liking!
No comments:
Post a Comment