Well today was an interesting doctor visit!
First
- I peed in the cup- I am surprised I had enough in me for them to test because I stupidly went an hour before my appointment (d'oh!)
**As I go into the exam room I had M with me as he usually comes in (except last week since I had my strep-B test and didn't want him to witness it) The nurse asks how far along I am I said I'm due in 2 weeks- she then sets out a sheet and says 'oh she will want to check you then you can strip down' .... eek! I gave M the choice to leave but thankfully he stayed with me.
Second
- I get called in and do the usual 'what is new this week' type thing
- I mention nausea is back, the baby is a bit less active than normal but not to the point I am super concerned, we pre-registered at the hospital, and my cold is gone
Third
- I get weighed (gained a bit more than I would have liked but that brings us to my newest 'symptom')
- We talk about water retention... yay for my body wanting to hold on to liquid and swelling in the ankles... ah well- at least I know that weight gain was from too much water not from my food choices because I have been soooooooooooo good with food choices and ignoring bad food cravings
Fourth
- My blood pressure came back as the same as always which is awesome and as always on the lower end of normal so no worries there- I am always amazed at how my weight gain hasn't affected my blood pressure- just confirms I have been making good food choices for me
Fifth
- My fundal height is at 37.5cm so right on target- she also mentioned she felt more fluid in the uterus than last time (going back to the fluid retention)
Sixth
- The baby's heartbeat was checked and you could hear it was slow... then the student doctor mentioned that it was slower than normal but not enough that they would be totalllllly concerned. It was a bit of a downer hearing that and definitely made my heartbeat faster due to being worried
- The student doctor then went to go get my doctor
Seventh
- My doctor asks about the less active thing I was talking about before I told her comparitively s/he has slowed down this past week but I wasn't completely worried...
- She eased my mind on the activity and the swelling so that was nice
Eighth
- Time to check the ol' cervix....
- At first I was weirded out that her hand up my vagina didn't really hurt as much as it tickled...
- That quickly changed to terrible terrible pain since she was having trouble finding my cervix- yet she did reassure me that they can't just disappear so it had to be somewhere haha (thus why I love her)
- She finally found it and the baby has dropped a bit and I *might* be a bit dialated but only like .5cm if that or I could be closed she was having a hard time finding it and so was kinda talking to herself for that part
- **Enter time I felt terrible for M*** - She took her hand out and her glove was covered in blood since well it is messy up there and all irritated now, she told me I might bleed the next couple of days.... I just felt bad M had to witness that sight/warning because well he doesn't do well with anything remotely close to blood and inserting things haha ... oh well I guess he will have to get used to it, but it will be interesting to see if he wants to come in next week ;)
Ninth
- She decided to check the heartrate now that we disturbed the baby and sure enough the heart rate was 144bpm and the baby was pissed haha. S/he was thrashing all over the place and the doctors just couldn't help but stare- I loved how my doctor couldn't even resist touching my belly to feel him/her move around (also good times of the baby making me look like an idiot being all 'its so quiet this week' then putting on that show... little prankster I'm telling yah)
- My doctor went through the pain meds/circumcision speeches again and assured me that everything is looking awesome and there is nothing to worry about- said she might see me before next week or it could still be a few weeks- hard to tell!
- OH YAH I also got my Strep B test back and it was negative!! W000t! That means no IV medication for me and I can pretty much labour at home as long as I want!
Things to come
- My next appointment is the 18th and I will be 39 weeks! Craziness! (And at least I will be more prepared for the internal- although not looking forward to the pain of it- I hope to hear some progress is made by then)
Wow you're almost there!! So exciting!!!
ReplyDeleteMarta
Thanks Marta! I can't believe how fast it goes by!
ReplyDelete