Friday, February 12, 2010

Warning: This is an 'I Heart my Hubby' post...

Well during this whole pregnancy I have been worried about what (if any) pain meds I would take during labour. There are just so many different things that run through my head at the thought of this predicament.

- Will the pain meds affect the baby/ how will they
- Am I less of a woman if I use them
- Will I be more proud of myself if I go natural
- Will I be able to handle the pain
- What if it is a lonnnnng labour will I have enough energy at the end to push
- Should I just take the drugs and try to enjoy the process that way
- etc.

The other night I had this discussion with M. I have mentioned my concerns before but I never really asked what his opinion was.

When asking what he thought of the drugs M replied "I think of the drugs as a dishwasher K, why wash the dishes in the sink if you have a dishwasher right there"

I thought it was a good analogy and made me feel a bit better...

Then I asked the question that has been tugging at me for the whole time
"Will you be more proud of me if I have our baby without any pain meds?"

His response is something I will always remember and always cherish... I don't think he understands how much it meant for me.

He kinda chuckled at first and said of course not- he is proud of me already- he is proud of how I am coping with this pregnancy, how I am taking care of our baby. He said most of all he is proud of the way I handled the years of not knowing if I would ever be able to have a baby. He is proud of all of the tests, blood tests, ultrasounds, procedures, and trips to London I went to in hopes to have this baby.

M summed up his little speech to: "Many many women go through childbirth Kim, but not many go through what you had to go through to get pregnant... I couldn't be any more proud of you already"

*enter: silent tears from me here*

That my friends is why I love my husband so much.
That is why he is my best friend
That is why he is so important to me
That is why I want nothing more than to make him happy
That is why I can't wait for his son or daughter to arrive- so they can have the best dad there is taking care of them
That is why he couldn't be anymore perfect for me than he already is....

I whole-heartedly love my hubby....

2 comments:

  1. :'D </3 :

    (although heartbreak in a GOOD way haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry some silent tears of my own! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete