Well today was a good appointment- and a very fast one at that!
I was in and out within about 15 minutes :) Who can complain about that?!
So here goes the routine:
First
- Pee in the cup
Second
- Get undressed for internal
Third
- Doctor comes in and asks about changes- tell her some cramping yesterday after walking al lot but nothing else. She then does blood pressure - it is the highest it has been so far but since mine is always super low it is still on the lower end/normal spot
Fourth
- Weigh-in was fine (just .5 pound increase)
Fifth
- Fundal height was checked at 39cm (so it went down 1cm) She asked if I thought I have dropped since my fundal height was lower.... I told her no since I still get a lot of action against my ribs. She told me I probably will continue until the baby is actually out (must just be a long baby)
Sixth
- Checked the heartbeat at 156 bpm
- Once again commented on how you don't have to guess where the baby is in my tummy haha
Seventh
- Internal :S
- I made sure to breathe and relax her going in wasn't very pleasant but I reminded myself again to relax and it does make a difference.
- As soon as her hand was in she looked at me shocked- apparently the head is super down low- she even mentioned when it comes time to push I will have it a bit easier since the head is already so low (yay! Good baby!)
- She also was surprised that I am 70-80% effaced (yay! Awesome job baby!)
- She had a bit of trouble once again pinpointing the cervix but I think that is because I was starting to un-relax- as soon as I relaxed she found it easier *reminder to self: stay relaxed*
- I am 1cm dialted which is exciting!
Eighth
- Made new appointment for Thursday if I make it to Thursday (as she put it)
So all in all great appt. It is so nice to hear that even though I feel as though there has been no progression there definitely has been. Also, the internal wasn't as bad at all compared to last time which is encouraging and less frightening. I could still go waaay overdue but like I said yay for some progression and if I go Thursday hopefully there will be a bit more!
Crazy this journey is coming to an end in the next week or so! Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment