Thursday, February 18, 2010

39 Week and 1 Day appt!

Well today was a pretty 'in and out' day (minus the long wait to get 'in')

First:
I pee in the cup - made sure not to make the mistake as last week and did not pee for hours beforehand to ensure I had enough... what a relief!

Second:
We talk about anything new- there really wasn't anything too new at all so that was quick. Bloodpressure was still super awesome at 110/70

Third:
She measures my belly.... In one week I went from 37.5cm to 40cm!!! Yikes what a growing spurt this little one had... no wonder why it was quiet last week and now I feel more movements...

Fourth:
Baby's heartbeat was at a solid 138bpm so that is good

Fifth:
She asked if I wanted her to check the inside goods but I said no (okay more so I chickened out) BUT at the same time I know there isn't anything different going on- M is out until 8:30 for a course so I would be by myself (and tutoring a 8 yr old) tonight all crampy and bleedy wondering if I was going to go into labour... and frankly who needs that worry? Oh also she said she wasn't available this weekend and I would really like her to finish what she started if anything did start from the internal...

Sixth:
I get weighed- not too bad this week - better than I expected since I didn't really watch what I ate this week since I was so disheartened from my last weigh in when I tried so hard to eat healthy

Seventh:
She talks about different induction methods and said they don't let us go over 7-10 days... so it is nice to know there is a maximum date basically (6 March would be day 10- and its a saturday so I doubt they would do that on a weekend)

Eighth:
She says she wants to see me Monday (I had an appt prebooked for next thursday but thought she might not know that?)

Ninth:
We leave and I look at my chart and notice that last week I also had a trace of protein in my urine (apparently I didn't read that part of my chart from last week) and I also had a trace from the time before... Todays no longer said Tr but had a funny signal which kinda through me off. I told my mum and her being a mum googled it and said that when it comes to protein they mark it as 'tr' then plus signs... apparently 4 plus signs are the most they will let you have- mine has 2.

So it is rather scary and then suddenly had me clue in as to why my doctor wants to see me Monday instead of Thursday because it can lead to things like pre-eclampsia and other not good stuff. Even though I have no other signs of it- it is still something we have to look out for and the protein thing is the biggest indicator.

On Monday too I will let her do the stretch and sweep internal too and see if we can get something moving...

Although with her not telling me this stuff knowing I would worry really makes me worry less because she doesn't seem worried.... I love her.

Things to come:
Monday 22 Feb- Next doctor's appt
TBA- baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment