Pre bed: "M where is my phone?" ... I set the alarm for 6
During sleep: I dream about the alarm (seriously this is sad but true)
BEEP BEEP BEEP: Shut off alarm- insert thermometre into mouth
Return to sleep.
This has been my evening and morning routine for just over one year. That is over 365 days of never having a solid sleep, always waking up at 6am be it if I'm home, if it was the weekend, if we are at a parent's house, or if we are even camping.
You see, taking you temperature everymorning at the same time can give some insight into your cycle. If there is a big deep in temperature followed by three days of high temperature that means you ovulated on your 'dip' day. After you O (ovulate) your temp is supposed to stay high due to the progesterone kicking in. If it stays reallllly high then it's a good indication that you are pregnant. If afterwards it dips back down, get prepared for AF (aunt flo)
This tool was very useful for me- it should me that I do not O on the 'average' 14 days (which sounds a lot more common than I thought that people don't all O on this day) I O on day 22 on avg. I also found out that I have a short LP (Luteal phase) (which definitely is a problem since it doesn't give enough time for the egg to implant.
Nevertheless, taking my temp has been my life. My FS (fertility specialist) didn't even look at all of my charting printouts I have done, she told me to stop charting. I don't mind not charting, it's not like I loved doing it for this long. But seriously? Could she not have humoured me just for one moment? Or asked if I found anything wonky like a short LP? No, instead she just kinda looked at me as if saying "You foolish girl, that won't get you answers, I will" but not even in a nice way, almost more like in a belittling way. I was disappointed in that.
This is my first month where I don't wake up everymorning to take my temp. It is surprisingly hard. Not the fact that I need to know what it is, but I am seriously classical conditioned like those of dogs of Pavlov that when I hear a bell (or my alarm in this case) I feel the urge to stick my thermometre into my mouth. Pathetic isn't it? I do feel more liberated this month, not chained to anything, not constantly looking at my charts trying to detect anything. It is making me more relaxed. So it's not all bad, I just don't know when the urge as soon as I hear the alarm to take my temperature will stop. Did Pavlov's dogs ever eat again without the bell?
I'm going to terrorize you with my cellphone alarm every 5 mins next time I see you...you know, to help desensitize you and stuff...not for my own enjoyment.......hahaha
ReplyDelete