Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yet another bloodtest...

Well tomorrow I go in for my day 24 of my cycle bloodtest. This is used to check my progesterone levels (after you ovulate you progesterone kicks up- if you don't have enough then nothing can implant or survive). This is usually done after a week or so of ovulation I believe, so, for most people its a day 21 test. However, since my cycles are so long (like 32 days) my Fertility Specialist decided for me to do it on day 24. I am really worried about it, not because its a bloodtest, trust me I am use to them and they really don't bother me at all. I am worried because as said previously my FS did not ask to look at my charts or ask anything about when I O, she just kinda thought I was stupid or something for charting. Well I usually O on day 22, that leaves only 2 days for my progesterone test..see the dilemma? I am so scared/kinda know this may skew my results someway, I just don't know how it will. Its no big deal if it does because I can always do one next month. But that's the problem I am sooo sick of thinking next month I want answers and results now. But for now I am going to try and put my trust that the doctor knows what she is doing...but it doesn't have to mean I have to like it.

4 comments:

  1. Trusting doctors can be so hard when you disagree with them...'cause really, who knows your own body like YOU know your own body?

    She sounds a little pretentious...BUT, she probably does know what she's talking about.

    Apparently my mom went to a fertility specialist in order to have me, eh? I just found that out the other day when we were talking about ER (one of the new characters is trying to have a baby, trying in vitro and all that)...weird haha.

    How creepy would it be if it was the same specialist? Is she old? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha really? That's weird she never told you before... I wonder what she needed it for?

    This one is pretty young probably early 30s... or maybe she is secretly 60 and looks REALLY good haha. However, she is like a secondary doctor type thing. The clinic is run under the doctor Dr. Martin (he's probably middle aged- 45-55)He's doing my HSG test...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably not the same either of the docs then haha.

    She had 2 miscarriages between Misty and me...I guess she had the whole dye-in-uterus and all that fun stuff...and then they did a laporoscope or something to look around, and found some scar tissue on the fingers on the ends of her falopian tubes that guide the eggs in from the ovaries...so, during the scope, they just cut/scraped (sounds creepy h aha) the scar tissue away. And within a week she was preggo with the most amazing person ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy that your mum went through that and never told anyone! That must have been a really hard time for her! A gyno doc wanted me to schedule a lap surgery like what your mum had the summer of the wedding, it just wasn't a good time for me. Yet I kinda wish I just sucked it up and did it.

    Also it gives me some hope that extra work for babies = extra awesome kids?? haha

    ReplyDelete