Monday, March 30, 2009

I saw my uterus today...what did you see?

Well I made it. I must admit I was very proud of myself, I handled it all like a champ.

Last night I took tonnes of time making myself feel pretty. I did my eyebrows, got out a brand new razor for the morning with shaving cream for my legs. This morning I did my hair all nice, and actually spent time on my make up. I was trying to explain to M the importance of looking good on days when strangers meet your vagina before they actually meet yourself. You want the rest of you to look pretty to make up for the other non attractive vagina parts.

At the HSG...
My mum and I got the the x-ray waiting room for 12. I was called in right a way and put to sit in a hidden waiting room after I put on my gowns... Jeez the gowns... I didn't even think about that part of the x-ray. I sat next to a girl who was having the same thing done. She was probably a few years older than me but she was super nervous. The doctor was running 20 minutes late, apparently this is really rare of him, I didn't mind too much really. I chatted a bit to the other ladies, by the time the processes were getting started there was about 6 of us there waiting to get some dye injected into our uterus. I couldn't stop thinking that I was in a room with a bunch of ladies with our vaginas hanging out under our gowns. Gross eh?

When I got in the xray room the radiologist was super nice! Right away my nerves left me. I met the doctor and we joked about how it was nice to meet each other but not under these conditions and first impressions and all of that stuff. He explained everything he was doing step by step. He had some problem with the speculum which wasn't fun at all. Turns out I have an inverted/tilted cervix! So they moved the pillow down lower on my bum so I was on a bigger angle and he got it in a lot better. (I wonder if that affects conception at all?) He then inserted the thing for the dye, I couldn't feel that at all. They had two big screen tv things that was showing my insides. It was really neat to see! It started off with my bones and ribs being shown. He said he was slowly injecting the dye, and sure enough I could see the outline of my uterus appearing! It filled super fast and my right tube filled really fast. Ol' lefty wasn't showing at all, but it soon also filled, it was kinda like a flopped bunny's ear compared to the right tube that stuck out pretty straight. They took about 4 pictures in total. We had some laughs and I sat up a bit dizzy but cramp free! I then was free to go and have pizza with mum, Ash and T-Rev!

At the appointment....
M and I also had an appt at 3:30- which he was super late for by the way! While there the doctor explained that my LH and FSH blood tests came back fine. The one test was supposed to be under 10- mine was 2.7! However, the other one is supposed to be lower than the previous test and it was 7.4 ... she said sometimes back in the day it would indicate polysistic ovary syndrome - but not so much anymore and she really doesn't think I have it, but it is something that one day might point to something else. M's test came up as 'more than adequate' (which I am sure made him proud).

She basically said that nothing seems out of place especially since I am ovulating by myself and the sperm are great! Soooooooooooo we are now categorized with the 30% of women there with 'unexplained infertility' I hate that word. It is such a downer! But she did send me home with something to try! CLOMID!

I really feel as though this might be our answer, I've heard of it for a while now, and I've also wanted to give it a try for a while as well. It is supposed to lets us ovulate more than once so it ups are chances by 30% (since we are already ovulating which is an automatic 20% chance for anyone). I take the pill on days 3-7 for 3 cycles and get blood work done on day 21 for each cycle.

It was cute in the car. M mentioned that at one point he could barely stop smiling in the appt when she mentioned Clomid could produce multiples. (It raises the usual 1.2% chance of twins to 5% which is a pretty big jump). He never thought of multiples before as an option, and the fact that she was talking about 2 babies made the realization of just 1 baby that much more evident with this medicine. It was really sweet!

It may not work- I know that, if it doesn't we see her when our 3rd month is done to see what else is to be done be it 3 more months or a different pill. Apparently I will basically get the same side affects as menopause so look out M for bad mood swings/nausea/fatigue and hot flashes!

M assured that this was going to happen for us. Sometime soon it will happen and I'll be full of babies. I love hearing him say that, I really hope he is right, I hope this is the answer we have been waiting for...

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so hopeful for you guys!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me laugh how excited I was to read this post.

    I couldn't wait to get home so I could open this page and read it (I don't have the website saved on Trevor's computer).

    Sounds like things are pretty good, eh? I mean, all things considered...here's hoping this first med helps - but you know what? If it doesn't...this is just the FIRST line of offense, you know? It's the very first thing you're trying medically and stuff...there are so many more options after the first try, I'm sure. So try to keep that in mind going along!

    And think of how much fun your mum's gonna have at your expense, after all the years of you guys teasing her about her hot flashes and menopausal symptoms!!! hahaha

    PS I think my mom has a tilted cervix too. Romantic! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I saw your uterus that day too...

    ...on a napkin...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is also true. So did your pervy lover boy haha. Heck M didn't even see a drawing of it!
    PS I also like how you came back to add that fact a day later :)

    ReplyDelete