Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ovulation Celebration

I was getting into the shower.
M was about to walk out the door with the dog.
I suddenly hear Mark yell,
"Wait Kim!! YOU'RE OVULATING"

For some reason I looked down. Maybe for some reason for a split second I imagined eggs falling out of me and that is how he knew?
"What are you talking about?"
"YOU'RE OVULATING!!"
"What?! No I'm not!"

Apparently the fertility specialist phoned while I was in the bathroom, according to my bloodtest on Thursday I did infact ovulate! I pretty much knew I was since I figured that out by taking my temps. However, there have been cases where temps look like you are ovulating but you actually aren't.

Reasons why this makes me unbelievably happy:
1) That means it didn't matter when I took my blood test as long it was after I O'd. They were checking progesterone levels just to see if I ovulate since progesterone is not around if someone doesn't ovulate.

2) That is half the battle right there- I think it is a lot harder for results/solutions if someone doesn't ovulate

3) I have eggies! As gross as it sounds haha. Some people don't have eggs- or can even have rotten eggs!

4) There is so much that can be done - and with better chances! If by chance we need to do go to further lengths besides taking a pill of some kind, knowing I naturally ovulate opens up more doors. These include Insemination (but that is more so if there is mobility problems with the spermies), or they are able to do ultrasounds and see the size of your egg folicles which are about to be released and tell you when to really BD, and if I need more progesterone in my body it will tell me when to take the pills or injections, or it also opens up using In vitro- with my own DNA EGGS!

5) I still blame my luteal phase or somehow something stopping implantation... BUT this is at least a result, part of an answer to a HUGE question

For today, I am feeling more hopeful, feeling more like maybe within this year we I will be vomitting every 2 minutes, smelling everything, bloated, crampy, and exhausted. I never wanted to feel more horrible in my life, and I can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. OMFG!!!! Seriously! This just made my entire day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! Did it make your day because I am ovulating for sure- or that for that one second I thought I had hundreds of tiny eggs falling out of me and leaving a trail for M? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which do you think?? hahahaha

    ReplyDelete