Sunday, March 22, 2009

Things are moving...

Well I am feeling better since the last post. Sorry for the downer, just that day of realization is so hard! Today we went to London and I had my day 3 blood test. (After a waay too much detailed convo with my mum yesterday trying to figure out if it was day 2 or day 3 that I was on haha- God Bless Mums!)

Apparently day 3 of any woman's cycle is the lowest day of hormone levels, so it lets them check tonnes of stuff and figure out if someone is regular or irregular. Of course my AF (aunt flow) this month is messed up compared to the past few months so hopefully I was right in terms of what day I am in.

I also made my appointment for my HSG test. Basically they throw dye into me and see if there are any blockages or oddities that may affect the egg going through- getting fertailized- then implanting. Here is a website with more info if you are interested (it also has ultra sound pics of the process!) http://www.advancedfertility.com/hsg.htm. I am nervous for a few reasons for this besides my obvious emotional concerns that came out from the past post.

1) I've read to let the Doctor know if you are allergic to shellfish/bees, or if you have asthma.
- Well obviously I have bee allergies and asthma. My doctor knows this but she never mentioned anything about it being a problem. Apparently the saline solution they use for the dye can cause a reaction to someone with allergies like mine. I've read I can ask for a gel solution instead. I'll just let him know just incase, but I guess really if there was going to be a huge reaction at least I'm already in a hospital right?

2) It's on day 11 of my cycle
- My AF usually lasts 10-12 days. Again, this month it is being a lot slower than it has been the past few months so I am worried I might still be spotting. On a board I am on another lady said it shouldn't be a problem since she went as she was spotting, but still. Even if it isn't a problem for the test- that is still gross for me and the doctor, and one less thing I would like to worry about that day.

3) Cramping!
- I've read and heard to take a mortin or some kind of pain relief an hour beforehand because it will cause cramping. Depending on how bad cramps are during AF, they are going to be pretty parallel to it. Ugh so not looking forward to that!

4) Results!
- Usually they can pretty much tell you right away. My appt is at 12:15, and we already had an appt with the FS for 3:00pm that day. The person who is doing the HSG is the 'main' FS doctor so the appt lady said even if he doesn't have the write up for it yet, he usually remembers everything so he might be able to talk to my FS since they work in the same office.

5) No M :(
- Of course he shouldn't/can't leave school early just to sit in a waiting room for 15-30 minutes. But still... I told him before he didn't have to go so I'm not going to change my mind- and it's not fair to ask him to leave even more early just for what is basically a PAP but with dye. My mum is coming with me for that- then we are going to meet up with M for the 3:00pm appointment.

I hope soooooooo badly that next monday we will get some answers, somewhere to go with everything. We did all of our tests for the initial looking around at potential problems. M's test, my 2 blood tests and soon to be my HSG. That's pretty good considering our first appt was only 20 days ago. I might ask about my luteal phase if she doesn't bring any of that stuff up. If she finds nothing wrong in any of these tests I'm not sure what the next steps are. Maybe Clomid (a pill to take certain days- which helps with ovulation/luteal phase), or maybe a lap.

A lap is... "A laposcropy is another test your doctor might do. This test is a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia, which your doctor might also use to correct problems that were discovered in other tests. A few small incisions are made in the abdomen. A camera and surgical instruments are inserted through these incisions. The doctor uses the camera to check for endometriosis, anomalies on the outside of the uterus, to make sure the fallopian tubes are not kinked or twisted, and to check the overall health of the ovaraies"

I was actually supposed to have one summer 2007 but I vetoed it due to the wedding and not wanting a gross scar for the honeymoon. But I'd be willing for one now if it helps. Heck I would even walk solely on my hands while singing "I am slowly going crazy" if I was told it might help at this point.

No use in trying to figure out though what she will say next monday, I just hope to leave there feeling like there is a chance.

Oh also, we found an amazing house to rent in Chatham. I love it! We could have moved in today even, but due to our current landlords being jerks we are technically not moving in the house until 1 May (but we still are at the current place until 1 June- rent wise anyways)

The new house has 3 bedrooms. One for M and I, one for an office, and the third one... well for now it will be a guest bed, but hopefully to be filled soon with a little loved and well-awaited one.

I'm going to end with that thought since it makes me happy.

-Thanks for reading my super long rants! I swear I don't know how to make them any shorter!

2 comments:

  1. You've never been good at making anything short - don't tell me you forget all your university papers already? haha

    I'm glad you're feeling a bit better about it all - and you should be. You're not just sitting back and taking it...you're fighting it. And you will win, eventually, one way or another.

    Hit me up if/when you're gonna be in London for stuff and if I'm there too we can grab a coffee or lunch or dinner or whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you are sounding more and more positive with each of these entries. It is really refreshing to read.

    I'm so glad you're taking charge of this situation and actually doing something about it rather than letting it defeat you. It's really inspiring.

    I want to see pictures of your house! That time is just going to fly in!

    [The mental picture of you walking on your hands singing made me laugh really hard, also. Just thought you'd like to know!]

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete