Monday, May 11, 2009

Reality might be hitting me....?

Today I woke up with a phone call from the FS.
The nurse said the Dr. looked over my charts and everything and said if nothing works out this cycle than to continue taking the same dosage of Clomid from days 3-7 of the cycle.

Fine.
I was prepared for that.

But I was not prepared for,
"And the doctor thinks that it would be best to do an IUI as well next cycle"
IUI = Induced Uterine Insemination

What?!

Last time I talked to the doctor was before we started the Clomid. She originally said that we would try Clomid for 6 months...

So why after one month of Clomid she is thinking of doing an IUI?

I don't know why this is upsetting me. Like really IUI makes it 3 times more likely to get pregnant. It just scares me that we can be faced with this decision in a matter of 2 weeks. And for the whole "wait to see what happens" next month is our last month of benefits- we won't get any again until November if we are lucky.

It is just scary that so fast I am facing this major (and expensive) decision and I only have a couple of weeks to see if it will be done or not...

Cripes... hopefully this month is our month and we don't even have to think about it...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Highstress much? Hang in there. It will all work out.

    ...and you can say no to doing the IUI this quickly, and tell her you want to try a little more time with the Clomid. At the end of the day - it is your decision, not hers.

    ...fingers crossed that you don't even have to worry about any of this crap for next month...

    ReplyDelete