Saturday, May 2, 2009

Its like Easter all over again!

Well I caved on Thursday.

I called the FS. I talked to a really nice nurse/receptionist. She felt bad about the situation also stating she never heard of anyone bleeding so much during Clomid. Great. She told me to try to come in for bloodwork and an ultrasound. I was unable to yesterday since I promised the niece and nephew and 3 friends each that I would take them to laser tag. I definitely was not going to cancel that on them. So I went today instead.

We got there at 11am
Apparently they stop doing testing and 'close' at 10:30.
I was numb.
There was some whispering.
The doctor asked when I did my IUI - which I replied no I'm not having one... *this was hard for them to remember for some reason*
They took me back for bloodwork- I apologized profusely. I felt terrible!
It took seriously like 45 seconds to get blood to start filling the vile from the time she put the needle in. She had to move it in and out and around. She kept apologizing- I didn't care needles don't bother me, in fact I was watching all of this happen- and I was just happy that she was doing this for me. After a super awesome deep bruise on my right arm started to appear I was sent to the ultrasound.

I go in the room the lady told me I could get changed and she'd be back in and proceeded to leave.

Until ...
"Um, get changed into what?"
"I'm sorry have you never done this before"
"No"
"Sorry I get used to the regulars I guess- if you feel at all you have to pee do that then strip bottom down and sit on the table"
"Got it"

The actual ultrasound wasn't bad at all- it was an internal so I was unsure but seriously much better than a PAP! And they put a condom on the camera they shove in which made me giggle.
In the end she said the lining? was 4mm and it should be around 10mm but it should start to grow since I am still on my period. I am not on my period- but whatever. Infact the spotting is almost done thankfully. She said she could see two small eggs on the right ovary and two eggs in the left one mature egg at 17mm and another egg at 11mm. She then asked when I was doing another bloodtest- I said on friday for my day 21 and she said to give the nurse the sheet.

Then she left.
She didn't tell me I could go- I had a couple minutes of, "Is she coming back- if I start getting changed will she come back and tell me we aren't done" etc. Eventually I got the courage to change and left the room slowly hoping to see her so I could do the "So I can go then?" but never did see her. I went to M in the waiting room and was all "soooooo I guess I can go?" and as I was waiting for him to pack up the nurse asked what was found and I showed her my sheet. She told me to come back tomorrow for another blood test and ultrasound to compare numbers.

Conclusions:

1) Still no answers as to why I am bleeding on Clomid
2) I have at least 1 mature egg so far
3) I haven't O'd yet so there is still some chance
4) My lining (if that is what she was talking about) is too thin to make anything "stick"
5) I am showing up between 8:30-9:00 since I still feel horrible about the timing today
6) I am happy and pleased that even though things did seem rushed today they still did the tests when they could have easily and understandably tell me to come back another day. For all they knew I could have lived next door and not over an hour away.
7) I'm going on another egg hunt tomorrow... hopefully I'll find even bigger eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment