Well we had our hospital tour on Wednesday and it actually made us both more excited than nervous which was surprising.
The staff that we interacted with seemed pretty awesome and quite personable.
I had tonnes of paperwork to fill out and then had to answer even more questions. The nurse who was asking us everything was so happy with all of the preparation we have done (i.e. prenatal classes and breastfeeding classes) and that we were so open minded about birthing plans and everything.
The tour itself was short because there really isn't too much to see. We saw the whirpool tub which is a hilarious shape but I definitely would be open to using it if it is open the night that I need it.
The birthing rooms are breathtaking- which is so shocking from a small town hospital!
They look so relaxing- the baby will never leave the room unless it needs extra help with breathing or whatnot- there is a huge shower for both M and I to fit comfortably in during labour.
I can't believe how excited I am for this experience. I hope the excitement keeps the control right now and nervousness and anxiety stay away.
I just can't wait to see how I can handle everything. I feel as though it is a test of a lifetime (and really there is no way to fail it- just different ways to 'write' it)
No comments:
Post a Comment